• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Potential undiagnosed blood clotting disorder...?  I have to have my clotting times checked before elective surgery as I once threw a positive indicator for Von Willebrands - slow clotting similar to

She was the fiance of a friend. Just heard that she didn't stop bleeding.

And the friend whom I have not been in touch with for some time, I heard has still not married.

Potential undiagnosed blood clotting disorder...?

I have to have my clotting times checked before elective surgery as I once threw a positive indicator for Von Willebrands - slow clotting similar to haemophilia, and my cousin has it. Used to bruise really easily too, like super easy! When I first started snowboarding I would literally return with dinner plate sized bruises.

Did some research and discovered that chocolate Is almost as effective as warfarin in thinning your blood, and some other dietary things can really make it worse also. Went on a chocolate ban - rarely eat it now, and if I do in small quantities of dark chocolate, and haven't had a dodgy clotting result since.

Surprising the simple things that can have a profound impact.

• Like 1

Update folks....

I went to the dentist again today because I couldn't handle the pain. After they pulled the wisdom tooth the molar beside it, which is the one that needs the work, has been throbbing. He said he would do a root canal on the tooth tomorrow....thank god...!! Just reading up on root canals now. Seems better than extraction but still sketchy with the chance of bacterial infection... :confused: :confused: :confused:

I may be slightly delirious ... but i can't figure out the "gain" part of this equation.. maybe some spooning with the cute sympathetic dental assistant?? That would be worth the pain...

I'm deathly afraid of root canal therapy......I've heard a lot of horror stories!! I think you should re-aquaint yourself with Pies' Gambatte thread before going tomorrow

I'm deathly afraid of root canal therapy......I've heard a lot of horror stories!! I think you should re-aquaint yourself with Pies' Gambatte thread before going tomorrow

Personaly I am a fan of root carnal therapy

Ya..I've been doing a lot of reading as well. Root canal...?.... damn it should be called "Zombie tooth". :shifty: However, the choices are .... zombie tooth or extraction. Consensus seems to go with keep your teeth as long as you can.

Gambare!

Regarding reading up on stuff on ta tubes, I'm wary. You can read all sorts of nonsense.

For sure... That's the nature of information anyway, the good either never gets reported or the rare cases of bad get all the press.