I got thrown off of Dynaland yesterday - currently fuming

I got "thrown off" the slopes at Dynaland yesterday. I was off the normal gelende under one of the lifts doing some pow runs, some miliary like patrol dudes come and talk with me. I played the gaijin ignorance, but 3 patrol guys got hold of me and took me to the patrol place, & took my ticket off me. mad.gif

Considering what to do about it now. mad.gif

What would you do?

tough luck dude........cant really do much, be a little more careful/wary of the patrollers, one of them might have seen you drop in. Wear a different jacket next time, they might remember you now :p

Danger of what?

Was there bears running around? Were there live fire excercises happening?

Was there a huge table top with people throwing back flips etc. off it?

I'd suggest that before you ever hand over a ticket, you ask for your money back, or ask to see the big sign on the entrance that says that they can take your ticket off you. Matraprincepull.

Did they actually get physical with you?

If you want to ride undr the lift you have to be prepared to accept the consequeces. This sounds like an extreme case but the patrol has to consider everybody. Little kids riding the lift who might decide to follow you. Somebody might drop something (eg board/ ski) from the lift onto you. Is there sufficient clearance under the lift ect.

Everybodys done it but hey dont cry like a big baby when you get caught.

Riding under the lift is usually lame if you ask me.

Why did you ride under the lift? I have a seasons pass at Dynaland and the under the lift stuff sucks. Dyna lets you get away with murder. You can hike above the resort, ski most trees, but not under the chair. Which chair did you go under? The bottom quad or the one that starts on the far skiers left.

Alpha Quad you can get about 3 turns before you have to walk out and the beta quad (far left) is short, not steep basically not worth it.

Next, you cant fight the patrol it is better to say "sorry", and that you wont do it again. Last week they had some avalanches and are being over protective, but come on do you want to get caught? under the lift!

Meet me there one time and I will show you the goods off the trail, where they dont care.

This Sunday and Monday.

Thumbs up for riding under lifts from me.

- There's often powder there, whatever certain people say notwithstanding.

- It's fun dodging stuff like pylons.

- Not surprisingly, you tend to come out near the bottom of lifts.

- Some resorts you can ride nearly the whole mountain under lifts in deep snow.

- If you get in trouble you can shout to people on the lift.

- You ride under the lift in lots of on-piste places too anyway, and gear does not come raining down.

- You're not responsible for what other 'little kids' do, not that there are many anyway.

BC and hiking may be fun for those who are prepared to put in the time and research, but for a fun, usually safe blast, under the lifts is a good bet.

:p

Yeah Ocean maybe you could come up with a code word to yell out when you're stuck under the lift, that way we'll know its you and we can start throwing stuff.

riding under lifts is lame but trying to promote it on the internet is beyond stupid.

Quote:
Originally posted by peaker:

riding under lifts is lame but trying to promote it on the internet is beyond stupid.
So peaker you get thrown off mountains in any other country for skiing under the lifts?

I have never seen any signs in resorts in NZ that say don't ski under the lifts. In fact there aren't even any ropes near them.

I can even remember trying to hit people with the snow on my skis when they can traversed under the lift. And boy were there plenty of them.

I really can't see the dangers in lift skiing.

Things falling down - Like what? A glove? A pole? You could get hit by either of these just traversing on the slope!

Lift poles - What about those trees in the middle of some of the courses?

What is the great crime in lift sliding? Tell me please!

peaker do you always tie a knot in your underpants before you put them on in the morning?

I am not 'promoting' anything. Different people enjoy different things if you hadn't noticed, and like mogski, I don't see anything wrong or lame about riding under lifts. You offer nothing but a load of crap to justify your view.

Until resorts make more interesting terrain available, under the lift will always be a draw. If you have anything worth saying about it, say it or shut up and go back to whichever wonderful place it is you like to ride (but don't do anything that the 5 year olds might want to imitate).

First Dynalands lifts are low and thats the main reason you cant go under 2 of the lifts. You could get clipped by a person on the chair.

Second One of the places is a terrain trap and if your stupid enough to ride a certain part, and fall you could end up in the snow making pond.

Most places will let you slide under the lifts. In Japan for some reason they dont make some chairs high enough and even have to groom or dig pathways under them.

Ocean, I respect what you want to do but, why ride somewhere where you just draw attention to yourself. Any resort has the right to take your ticket if you break their rules. That said they really dont want to take it either, they want your bussiness. There are alot of areas around the mountains that are just as good and there is no hiking involved.

Fattwins golden rules early morning dont duck ropes thats when the patrol is doing their work.

Wait till 10 and duck away.

Second dont continue to duck the same area time after time. Patrol is not stupid they catch on.

Keep changing areas about every 2 or 3 runs.

End of the day who cares just do laps in your favorite areas. If you get caught oh well.

Learn about Avlanches and terrain some of these areas are slide prone and 99% uncontroled.

Never ski dangerous slide prone areas right after a storm.

Last

Ocean you cut right through the 2nd major slide area with your buddy at Cortina. I watched you do it with my wife. You guys cut it side by side, a perfect way to kill your buddy downhill if the snow is unsettled that day. Please grab a book at least, and learn more about terrain before you talk about what is safe and what is not. You will more than likly blast me for this, but I rather not hear on this site, that someone Ive met has died. I have heard to much of it already living in the mountains.

Fattwins, I'm not into blasting people who don't try to be offensive. I always find your posts informed and constructive.

Which bit of Cortina are you talking about? Was it skiers left or right, roughly speaking? (Chances are, we cut through the 1st major slide area too... Where are they? I bet they're not clearly marked as such.)

This just confirms my general point about resorts here. There ARE places under lifts at many resorts where you can go safely (if you exercise a bit of caution no doubt). Also parts of the mountain that are often roped off for no GOOD reason. But obviously, the resort knows better than the average punter what is REALLY dangerous. It would be a good thing if resorts open more terrain and really mark the dangerous stuff clearly as such. Saying 'Don't enter - Lotsa trees' doesn't cut it.