• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have Iron Maiden..."Run to the Hills"... running through my mind. Seems like the only way to escape this heat.

Yes. Unfortunately, my threshold for getting very sweaty is not very much at all. About 25 degrees!

Not according to the weather forecast I've been going by for the last couple of weeks.   http://weather.yahoo.co.jp/weather/jp/expo/beer/22/5030.html

Hit 40 here again today.

Apparently though 40 is not a record for Kofu or Japan it is only a recent record for here.

It was on the local news that it hit over 42 in Kofu and even hotter in some other many years ago.

Despite the heat it got down to 24 last night which was the hottest night of the year for here.

Temps already dropped 12oC.

Tomorrow looks like getting in the high 30s again.

40.9 °c (105.6 °F), recorded at Tajimi, Gifu on August 16, 2007 is officially the hottest temperature ever recorded in Japan. In this recent heatwave they got to 40.5 in Kofu.

You should head up north Chriselle. Rumoi only got to 25 degrees today. Abashiri only got to 22. Mombetsu only just reached 20 and over in Nemuro they only managed to get to 19 degrees. You can escape the heat in Hokkaido!

While that is true.....it's cooler up here than down south......it has turned humid. Again not as much as my old Shonan home but when you are standing still and sweating, it's uncomfortable regardless of the relative temp n humidity

Yeah, that's fair enough. Right up to me leaving for LA a couple of weeks ago, when it was hot, it wasn't humid. But since coming back its been ramped up.....a couple if weeks compared to 5 months....yeah I shouldn't complain too much :p