• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have Iron Maiden..."Run to the Hills"... running through my mind. Seems like the only way to escape this heat.

Yes. Unfortunately, my threshold for getting very sweaty is not very much at all. About 25 degrees!

Not according to the weather forecast I've been going by for the last couple of weeks.   http://weather.yahoo.co.jp/weather/jp/expo/beer/22/5030.html

its hot n sweaty again today.....last night was the first time I had to switch the fan on while I was sleeping. There was just no wind moving through the house at all

We barely left the house yesterday....air con on all day. All of us felt ill by evening. I hate it when if you stay outside you get heat stroke...stay inside where its cool you feel crappy from the air con. I despise Japan in the summer. :angry:

Dream beach Otaru.....that's not really near Otaru at all!! :lol: the Sapporo suburbs come right up to the road in front of the beach, but across the road is technically part of Otaru city, even although the actually town is a-ways around the coast

Definitely summer now! As I've said before, I don't mind the heat that much. We still haven't used the AC or even any fans yet. I'm sure that'll change soon though (except the AC part because we almost never use it at all).

Hot as crap here already over 30oC today and at this rate it could hit 35+.

Aircon on when ever I am inside.

Would not be able to survive without aircon.

My wife and daughter are fine in this weather without aircon.

Wonder how they survived years ago without aircon especially as the locals tell me it used to be this hot and hotter for mostly all the summer not for a few days like now then it cools to still hot but more survivable heat.

Definitely summer now! As I've said before, I don't mind the heat that much. We still haven't used the AC or even any fans yet. I'm sure that'll change soon though (except the AC part because we almost never use it at all).

what-the-what.gif

:wave: Actually, we had friends drop by yesterday and they said the same thing. In fact, they don't even have an air con installed.

Dream beach Otaru.....that's not really near Otaru at all!! :lol: the Sapporo suburbs come right up to the road in front of the beach, but across the road is technically part of Otaru city, even although the actually town is a-ways around the coast

Ah yes.. I've surfed around there a few times in the winter. In Summer we used to go down to Tomakomai,, great surf and quite cool, nice for camping, too.

what-the-what.gif

:wave: Actually, we had friends drop by yesterday and they said the same thing. In fact, they don't even have an air con installed.

We have AC in our diningroom/kitchen and guest room but we don't even have it in our own bedroom. I think it may be because the first several years I lived in Japan I was in top floor apartments that were basically ovens.