• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have Iron Maiden..."Run to the Hills"... running through my mind. Seems like the only way to escape this heat.

Yes. Unfortunately, my threshold for getting very sweaty is not very much at all. About 25 degrees!

Not according to the weather forecast I've been going by for the last couple of weeks.   http://weather.yahoo.co.jp/weather/jp/expo/beer/22/5030.html

it doesn't get sticky in Hokkaido. Not even the belly. You can bake at 33 in the sun, then step into the shade and it cools to comfortable. Having some nice juicy melons help too.

Been maxing out at max 27 this week.

Last week was hotter here.

Highland areas around here most days havent gpt above 20.

The temps are very up and down.

Mad hot summer on the way?

I reckon so.

When it's getting on for 40 degrees, hard to quite believe that 5 months later there's 2-3m of snow on the ground. The stuff of dreams!

Humidity is surely and steadily creeping up.

Got a question. On NHK news they give the weeks forecast and expected temperatures, right?? AND.. they always say if those temperatures are "normal/average" or not, right?

Well, it just seems to me that they are always saying the temps are "above" normal and this has been going on for years. I wonder if it's time to adjust the temperature for what they consider "normal". I think it would certainly make people feel better starting their day saying "today's forecast is for average temps for this time of year". As it is now I just get pissed off before I even leave the house.

Humidity is surely and steadily creeping up.

Got a question. On NHK news they give the weeks forecast and expected temperatures, right?? AND.. they always say if those temperatures are "normal/average" or not, right?

Well, it just seems to me that they are always saying the temps are "above" normal and this has been going on for years. I wonder if it's time to adjust the temperature for what they consider "normal". I think it would certainly make people feel better starting their day saying "today's forecast is for average temps for this time of year". As it is now I just get pissed off before I even leave the house.

Thing is every summer in Japan is veey hot and has been since I arrived here 14 years ago.

Their averages they use are simply to low to start with which makes it seem like it is too hot.

There weather forecasts are also totally useless.

I am so fed up seeing their stupid wrong forecasts that I am taking a screen shot of their forecast everyday

nand then making a note of the actual weather.

Will do it for a month then send the details to them and see if I get an answer back.

So far this week for Yamanashi they have been almost zero percent right.

It was sunny this morning but should have been cloidy.

It rained yesterday but they forecasted dry.

It was cooler than forecasted yestetday and much hotter than forecasted for today.

They keep changing their forecasts every few hours to what they think the weather might do but still get it wrong.

All this tax payers money wasted on a super computer so that they can get the wrong forecast quicker.

I actually find the forecasts to be quite accurate around here. The only exception is during the rainy season. Considering I live on the coast of a huge bay surrounded by hills and mountains (including Fuji), I think they do pretty well.

I think the forecasting is pretty good except for rainy season which BM mentioned and I think that's maybe what Snowdude is seeing over there in Yamanashi. Sometimes they really get it wrong but more often than not I can arrange my outdoor activities with confidence using the forecasts.

• 3 weeks later...

On the telly they were saying that it may get to 40C in Tokyo this summer.

I'm considering asking snowdude and Go Native what they think about that, for some further insight.

:thumbsup:

I think they're having a lovers quarrel at the moment.

Moment....meaning since 2007

Hahah!!!

Thing is I have challenged him on many occasions and he comes up with nothing.

I am waiting for him to answer my question with a simple yes or no, but that too seems to be beyond him.

Weather wise like I said earlier on up and down with the temps with both above and below the normal which so far I have been correct although summer is not over yet.

Mostly the temps here have been average with some days above and some below.

Certainly has not been excesively hot yet as was forecasted by JMA.

Too early to know if I will be right for the rest of summer so I will wait before saying anymore.