• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wedding was Saturday.   The Bride and I at about 2am (Wedding was at 2pm) - we were both a bit messy by this time...

Wot u harvesting?   I did the old fruit picking when I was in Oz, melons and bananas were the hardest work.

Just had the weekend at Thredbo and Perisher - base is minimal, on piste in most places is in good condition (especially under the impoverished snow conditions) but heavy wear area's and off the pistes that are covered by snowmakers is very patchy. Still had a ball, but unfortunately there is not much leeway before it gets pretty dodgy/verging on closure of some area's again, and there is a liquid snow event on the way so I believe. Here's hoping it is only prefrontal and is followed up by a big dump to get things back in fine form with some margin for damage control...

It will struggle to get anything out of this system other than a touch of rain. Wind was cold enough but the temps were only -0.5.

Hopefully this weekend delivers.

Plenty of precipitation this year, just too warm...

Bring on the Antarctic blast for August!

(Ps had a run around at falls on the weekend good conditions in the morning, spring in the afternoon...)

Can live in hope Junky!

I'll be heading back over some time in August with PB for a quick trip. Be nice if there's some freshies this time. But as long as it is open I am sure we will have fun.

Sorry but so far it has sucked balls.
Depends on your expectations Oz.

I don't expect hero snow in Australia. If it comes then I'm all smiles.

I was stoked on the weekend to get through a gap in tree's with a dodgem of exposed rocks and large area of grass poking through without stacking it - that was a win and clear improvement of my skills. Normally I'd freak out that it wasn't lovely smooth snow in a narrow risky environment and go ass over. 5 minutes later there was just me and 3 mates smashing it down a very fast piste with great snow, all 4 of us experienced overseas skiers and boarders that have thoroughly enjoyed some epic POW days, all 4 of us all smiles and high fives.

There's no denying it has been a shocking season for snow, and they have actually had to close pretty much the entire resorts at time due to lack of snow. But 'sucked balls'? :lol: I'll take ball sucking over nothing any day :lol:

Sorry but so far it has sucked balls.
Depends on your expectations Oz.

Yeah, I suppose if you start out with incredibly low expectations, you might not be too disappointed.

I have had two weekends of 60cm pow dumps. Would take that every season!

That said, there has been one weekend where there wasn't enough snow to get down a run...

Mixed bag so far this season, expecially coming off last seasons quality and quantity of snow.

Im going snow camping this weekend, and yes I know there is a storm lol.

We will just camp at guthega trig if its a white out, fresh snow predicted, splitboarding clean lines, should be epic

Well we have just had what was the warmest July ever recorded for much of SE Australia and it's turning out to be one of the worst snow seasons on record. Let's face it without snowmaking most resorts would barely have had any skiable snow for more than a handful of days so far. Utterly disastrous ski season by any standard you can think of no matter how low your expectations are.

The outlook for August though is for higher precipitation than average over the alpine regions and close to average temps so maybe we'll get a few weeks of half reasonable conditions.

Have to admit, even *I*, the eternal optimist, won't be booking any further trips unless it snows.

I am washing the gear and repacking the bag in readiness, but whether that gets used next week, next month or in December is up to the snow gods.