• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wedding was Saturday.   The Bride and I at about 2am (Wedding was at 2pm) - we were both a bit messy by this time...

Wot u harvesting?   I did the old fruit picking when I was in Oz, melons and bananas were the hardest work.

You mean a rome notch st? No I havent but its a cool board. I would probably choose a nitro slash over it though.

IMO you should buy a 160 birdman (you already know this lol) if not the slash 161 would be a great choice

People are starting to get excited over this weekends system now. Could be massive. Either way ill be in the thick of it.

Ps i love you too seemore!

Great. However riding lifts in oz is fast losing its appeal to me.

I woke to this on sunday

20130721_073710.jpg

I just had to snowboard down the road I drove in on the night before wearing my appres boots and all!

20130721_090752.jpg

Great. However riding lifts in oz is fast losing its appeal to me.

is that more about the terrain accessed from the lifts, the insanity of huge impolite queues, or the actual crappiness of many of the lifts themselves?

I am guessing the former...

The crappiness of the lifts doesnt worry me, they are still better than walking however on sunday every single lift I rode stopped at least once while I was on it. I found it amusing after a few times.

To access awesome terrain I would ride a lift designed along the same lines as mr garrisons "it" lol (google it)

I find myself scraping over the same piece of snow that 300 other people already have before me, I love the snow in oz but Im losing my passion for resort riding in a big way. Maybe i need a thredbo ticket ?

Edit; Actually what is wrecking it for me is moguls on every run! If I could just get a long smooth groomer I would be happy honing my carving skills

Yep...reckon you need a Thredbo ticket - at least for a little while to break up the boredom.

I have to admit to getting 'over it' during school holidays. Crowds, rude people, 'entitlement' attitude, lack of Alpine Code being shown but by far the worst being the fast 'gun' skiers/boarders (I use the term GUN loosely) as they actually don't have the skill or knowledge to moderate their speed and line through area's of packed mixed skill traffic and caused a lot of season ending accidents. Not sure I am all that keen on School Holiday visits to the Snowy's anymore.

Still love Aus, despite the pretty poor season.

But really not into taking my chances on a highway with no rules at peak hour (which is what it felt like at times).

Yep...reckon you need a Thredbo ticket - at least for a little while to break up the boredom.

I have to admit to getting 'over it' during school holidays. Crowds, rude people, 'entitlement' attitude, lack of Alpine Code being shown but by far the worst being the fast 'gun' skiers/boarders (I use the term GUN loosely) as they actually don't have the skill or knowledge to moderate their speed and line through area's of packed mixed skill traffic and caused a lot of season ending accidents. Not sure I am all that keen on School Holiday visits to the Snowy's anymore.

Still love Aus, despite the pretty poor season.

But really not into taking my chances on a highway with no rules at peak hour (which is what it felt like at times).

And you make thredbo sound so attractive haha

Outside of school holidays it is!!! :lol:

Just happened to be the last time I was there it was NSW and WA School Hols, and Redlands Cup and Interschools...

Was chaos.

If snow is on you'd love the run down from The Bluff through Little Beauty.

If not they usually get the nice long groomer thing right for Supertrail or High Noon for those on piste carve days.

Can't hurt to mix it up

(Says she who is actually going to PERISHER on Friday - same reason...mixing it up)

Nice photos mate

I don't think I will make it this year I am in Bali in August and October so I can't really justify a holiday every month :)

So I may have to ride the Altered Genetic or give my mate a crack

This year because of the limited terrain open I have steered clear of hotham. Any resort that has bottlenecks for lifts are no fun.

Falls has been good although the terrain is not all that challenging. Some really beautiful sections through trees at falls, plus their lift system does not bottle everyone into one place.

Up at falls for the next two weekends, then hotham mid August. Hopefully by them they have the orchard open which frees up a lot of the congestion.

This year because of the limited terrain open I have steered clear of hotham. Any resort that has bottlenecks for lifts are no fun.

Falls has been good although the terrain is not all that challenging. Some really beautiful sections through trees at falls, plus their lift system does not bottle everyone into one place.

Up at falls for the next two weekends, then hotham mid August. Hopefully by them they have the orchard open which frees up a lot of the congestion.

Did Falls ever open up the terrain - I think its mt mckay, skiers left of the ruins looking up the hill- heard rumours years ago?

Did Falls ever open up the terrain - I think its mt mckay, skiers left of the ruins looking up the hill- heard rumours years ago?

The closest thing they have done is to take "backcountry" tours out there with Steve lee. I believe there were plans to put a gondola in there to open up more terrain, but I believe that falls may have given that terrain back to the government recently in exchange for more cross country skiing...

The junky must be getting ichty feet. Gotta be close now.

Yeah G'day mate.

I head over the ditch on 6th August for a couple of weeks around the southern lakes. They have a better base than the OZ resorts but no decent dumps for a couple of weeks so I am prayiing to Hughey for some fresh, specially for my Heli days.