• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wedding was Saturday.   The Bride and I at about 2am (Wedding was at 2pm) - we were both a bit messy by this time...

Wot u harvesting?   I did the old fruit picking when I was in Oz, melons and bananas were the hardest work.

Yes they have had a wee drop - and it's still only June :omg:

temp_icon.gif

-0.5°

Road Status

Closed

Upper Mtn Base 340cm

Lower Mtn Base 300cm

Last Snow Fall 80cm 22 Jun

Surface

Powder

Mountain

Unfortunately Mt Hutt is closed again today. The storm has finally cleared and we received over 2.8 metres of new snow. This storm has been described as the largest in over two decades.Today we are flying our staff in, to start the massive job of clearing snow and preparing our Mtn for Monday. Our patrollers will commence avalanche control today with helicopters from first light this morning to make sure we have access to de ice all lifts.

Weather

Forecast from today through to Thursday is FINE FINE weather and its going to be epic. Weather conditions are going to make the wait worth while once we open again tomorrow.

Access Road

The access road is closed to all vehicles as snow clearing and avalanche control work is in progress. Please respect this closure for your own safety. At 5am, we have blazed a track through the Bluffs at the top end with our monster loader and reached the 7km marker from the bottom with a D8 bulldozer. There are many more hours of work ahead on the road as drifts in excess of 6m deep have been encountered. Road clearing is currently on hold until visibility improves.

201306231715.jpg

Hmmn :confused: 3 and a bit hours flight Bris-Vegas to Christchurch, 2 hr drive to Mt Hutt - :thumbsup:

Wheres's that passport.

None of the resorts in southern NZ have set up lifts from the bottom of the mountain to the base of the resort. It's only a few years back that the put up barriers so you don't drive off the cliff, and some resorts still have dirt roads!

I see an avalanche has taken out a lift on Mt Hutt. Poor buggers, one of the biggest snow events in decades and they still can't get the resort open!

Wheres the snow I have been on Falls Creek website and it's 7degrees today.

It's costing me $2500 to send my daughter for 5 days and theres no "f#$*&g"]f#$*&g snow

Ditto Goz, but getting in to Canberra Sunday Night, will be in Thredbo Monday morning with two junior cubs in tow.

Seemore - you should be right by the 12th - at least I hope so, coz I'll be heading home about then and would've liked a bit of snow myself by then! :lol:

We are heading up to falls next weekend. Best case scenario it dumps a meter of snow, worst case we spend the weekend drinking muscat.

Either way it will be good to get up in the mountains.

Of course MB. In Australia you expect to pay an absolute fortune for crap, if any snow. In Japan you expect some of the best snow you can experience on this planet for a fraction of the prices you pay in Aussie resorts. Both give me a smile as well. Actually the fact that people pay so much to go to Aussie ski resorts makes me laugh out loud! :rollabout: