I did the first few days of Sept at Perisher with the family - 15C each day! tee shirts and sunblock. crazy. but I did have a lot of fun with tribe.

I wont get a season pass in oz - the seasons are too fickle. Looking forward to nozawa in late dec!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wedding was Saturday.   The Bride and I at about 2am (Wedding was at 2pm) - we were both a bit messy by this time...

Wot u harvesting?   I did the old fruit picking when I was in Oz, melons and bananas were the hardest work.

At the start of the season they use the snow guns all the time to try and build a base. Towards the end of the season they tend to let Mother Nature dictate what's going on.

This season was warm which didn't allow snow making, and then before each snow event they had large rain events which tended to wash away any base they had.

of course.

LOL

On a serious note...all the snowmaking infrastructure in the world couldn't combat with the warm temps that brought RAIN and washed any snow away.

Not unless they used a refrigerated system, and that'd melt pretty darn quick even if they could make it.

This season has shown that snowmaking is only really useful when you have cold sans weather.

Last season was bang on with cold temps overnight. It really helped get the season going early on. Then in August Mother Nature kicked in to get a base big enough to run through and past the end of the season.

It's just a bit of a joke Dunga that almost the best that can be hoped for in Australia for a decent ski season is a whole lot of clear, cold nights so that they can actually create a man made snow base for the winter. It really is sad.

I'd obviously prefer epic POW just a half hour drive from my front door, but this is Australia...it aint gonna happen :lol:

Thankfully there is Japan.

And we can continue to enjoy Aus for what it is - a sunburnt country that gets a bit of snow in a few select spots that can be made a lot of fun if the conditions are right and the snowmakers have a good crack - but this season proved how tenuous a grip on a ski season it actually is.

<Glass half full> Still had fun the 4 trips over I did this season, and some of them were with SHOCKING conditions. </glass half full>

I've ridden in late Nov and actually right into January up on the Main Range back in the days when we actually got a lot of snow. Last season was exceptional MB? Um well I guess those who haven't been into the sport that long may think that....

• 2 weeks later...