Nice goz. Unfortunately looks like Spring is coming early as it has been a lot in recent years. Temps in SE Aus forecast in the upper teens to low twenties for the rest of this week. Lower slopes will be bare by the end of the week and what little base there is up high will be severely depleted. Unless there's a few cold outbreaks in September it's not looking great for the resorts.

it was spring conditions on the weekend. The pics look good but it was icy then slushy as the sun worked its charm.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wedding was Saturday.   The Bride and I at about 2am (Wedding was at 2pm) - we were both a bit messy by this time...

Wot u harvesting?   I did the old fruit picking when I was in Oz, melons and bananas were the hardest work.

Mamabear, can you give me lots of money and then convince yourself that it's a good thing please.

;)

:lol: If Aus was my only snow outlet I'd be crying my eyes out.

But I am booked for Japan. It'll be OK.

Glass half full tokabochi, I keep reminding myself ---> Glass half full!

If it's just a weekend away with the girls I could think of a few thousand options that would be significantly cheaper than going to an Australian ski resort though! Especially coming from WA.

GN,

Girls are all from Sydney.

All snowboarders.

I have to fly to them anyway...hitching a lift with one who has a season resort entry, we all have season passes, and shared accommodation is cheap - can't get a half decent room in Perth for the price.

AND there is a chance we can get out and muck around on the mountain.

It's a win. Even if it is not so great conditions.

Plus it'll be the last sniff of snow until December. I'll need it to hold me over :lol: It's an addiction.

Yep temps from the weekend into next week here in the SE of Aus expected to get well up into the mid 20's. That's more like December weather than late August/early September. So the Aussie ski season this year lasted about 3 weeks on natural snow. Just completely and utterly pitiful. Without the extensive snowmaking there just wouldn't be a viable ski industry here any longer. That ice age snowdude keeps promising better hurry up and come along soon!!!

:lol: Fair call GN

It's about the mates/friendships with the snow buddies that we hit the Northern Hemisphere with.

And if we get a slide in while we are at it - bonus.

I am disappointed in this season, and it seems my continued ability to arrive at the worst possible times.

But...there are worse things than a shit season...plenty to be thankful for.

It looks like we'll soon have a religious fundamentalist Prime Minister. You can be extremely thankful then! God almighty kind of thankful.

I was thinking more along the lines of health and life...

Had just got through reading the recent blog entry of a friends cousin who lost her 14 year old son to suicide a few months back, after having read the blog entry of an old friend of mine whose 3 year old is battling a relentless brain tumour. That kind of thankful.

Puts the politics of the day and the lack of half way decent snow into perspective for me.

"The last 12 months have been the warmest on record, according to the weather bureau, and most states recorded their warmest winter since records began."

From the Australian abc web site....

we have had a colder and wetter winter than average I think, it may have been different on the east coast though.

I defiitely think it's global warming (man made)

From the Beaurau of Meteorology...

Perth in winter 2013: a dry winter

• Rainfall: below average
  • Maximum temperature: near average to above average
  • Minimum temperature: near average

What a sad season. I didnt even get a chance to camp out and to be honest im just not interested in going back

i have the same feelings. I might go to Bariloche next southern winter if i can scam some cash together..