I might go to Bariloche next southern winter if i can scam some cash together.

Loved Bariloche when I was there 9 years ago KD, though it was the very end of their season so I didn't get to hit the slopes. Lovely part of the world! :thumbsup:

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wedding was Saturday.   The Bride and I at about 2am (Wedding was at 2pm) - we were both a bit messy by this time...

Wot u harvesting?   I did the old fruit picking when I was in Oz, melons and bananas were the hardest work.

I thought it was the wettest for 10 years but they may have said August

It was the wettest August since 2004. This Aug Perth had 167.4mm and in 2004 they had 175.6. The average rainfall for Perth in Aug is 123mm.

July had 140mm and the average is 146mm so very close to average. June only had 44mm and the average is 129mm so one of the drier Junes on record. So by my calculations Perth has had about 88% of average rainfall over the winter months. A very dry start but a wet end.

From the BOM site this very brief summary of Aug for Perth

Rainfall: above average

Maximum temperature: above average

Minimum temperature: warmest August on record for a number of sites

I might go to Bariloche next southern winter if i can scam some cash together.

Loved Bariloche when I was there 9 years ago KD, though it was the very end of their season so I didn't get to hit the slopes. Lovely part of the world! :thumbsup:

I have been to the bus terminal twice .. on the way to and from Esquel..

Bariloche is ~3000meters and has trees..

"The last 12 months have been the warmest on record, according to the weather bureau, and most states recorded their warmest winter since records began."

From the Australian abc web site....

I was just checking out the sea water surface temp on BOM for the far south coat of NSW. IT is usual around 15c to 16c this time of year and it is 16c now. What i did notice is an area the size of Tasmania some 50 km of the coast were the surface temp was from 20c to 24c. The surface water in this area does not reach those sort of temp until late January early February. This time of the year the 20c to 24c body of water is usual lying of Brisbane. So what have I notice in changes. This time of year Aug/ Sept the Land surface temp is always a couple of degrees hotter then the water surface. This create strong westerlies which are absent this year which has turned the winds this year to warmer and from the NE.

[/season]

That's it for me until late December.

Last turns were had at Blue Cow, Perisher on Saturday.

We had a full day on very spring cover - rode very slow and grippy, but for what it was we had great fun.

Good times with good friends.

Finished up with Efterski festival in Thredbo.

The doof doof of the bass was so loud it was hurting my broken sternum (don't ask, was being an idiot, axed myself on a blue run)

Medicated with copious quantities of alcamahol for the very last Apres of the Southern Season for 2013. :D

MY SUMMARY

This season was a shocker.

Thredbo got the worst of it, being so low.

Perisher was smart and took advantage of the situation. I have been won over.

Very smart marketing - they have been offering a free day pass and $10 return ski tube for all Season Pass holders to other Aus/Nz resorts.

The conditions at the two resorts could not be compared! They were worlds apart - what a difference a bit more height makes!

No Season Pass for me next year, I am thinking maybe NZ....

:wave:

:lol: GG

Glass is still half full.

Season was shite, but I still had fun.

I will always see that glass half full, but I wont be tellin' ya that it is overflowing when it's not.

As for no Season Pass - PB didn't use his at all, I did my break even and then some, the boys just exceeded the break even point.

But we have been talking about NZ for a while now, and also talking with a Perth mate about going with her to HER spiritual home at Hotham, so a Season Pass to Thredbo would make little sense next year, there are only so many days I can get away :lol:

Focus now is on Hokkaido.

BIG plans this season. Bit of touring, bit of exploring, let bring it on!!! :D