I just stood on a bunny slope for 2 days trying to teach my gf falling leaf.
Must be true love :lol:

Rule number one: Do NOT teach your partner to snowboard.

Rule number two: Do NOT teach your partner to snowboard.

Rule number three: If you ever want to have sex again, do NOT teach your partner to snowboard.

Mate of mine is instructing at Perisher, handball it to him and go get some turns, silly boy!!!

Will they cut off your bits or something, preventing further sex with someone else?

;)

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wedding was Saturday.   The Bride and I at about 2am (Wedding was at 2pm) - we were both a bit messy by this time...

Wot u harvesting?   I did the old fruit picking when I was in Oz, melons and bananas were the hardest work.

:lol: well, of course....I meant with THAT partner ;)

Got no problem with taking her from low intermediate to hellsyeah rider...

But it takes a very strong relationship to survive falling leaf, 'weight on the FRONT foot', learning to turn, learning to link those turns...

The powers that be at falls claim that there was 60cms over the weekend. My Honda jazz agrees...

Took 2 hours to dig the car out of the top overnight car park. Have a photo but don't know how to post it from my phone.

It was a fun way to start off the season even if the were slow to open terrain. There were nice little powder stashes all through the gumtrees... Reminds me why I ski in Australia. The gumtree runs are so beautiful and fun.

Thanks for laughing at me guys haha. It was somewhat tedious but I have a lot of patience. I will get her some lessons but she had to get used to the feeling of being on a board first, lessons would have been 99% wasted at this stage I think.

I went for a few laps on my own and wasnt really impressed, my fav terrain isnt open yet.

I get a kick just from being and camping in the mountains in oz. Riding resorts is just something to fill the days in.

Riding the BC is where i will get my thrills.

Dont worry about sex, ive got that on tap lol.

Nothing like a live bedwarmer when camping.............................................not that I have any recent experience of that

Rule number one: Do NOT teach your partner to snowboard.

Rule number two: Do NOT teach your partner to snowboard.

Rule number three: If you ever want to have sex again, do NOT teach your partner to snowboard.

There is a way around this. It is not true. GET AN ASS PROTECTOR, BACK PROTECTOR, ELBOW & KNEE PROTECTOR, HELMET .... and yes, you will be in pain rooting with bruises which you have never had so much before

Got no problem with taking her from low intermediate to hellsyeah rider...

But it takes a very strong relationship to survive falling leaf, 'weight on the FRONT foot', learning to turn, learning to link those turns...

Piece of cake .... there are much harder things in life

Good on you Goz!! :D

Bringing another girl boarder through!

Got in this arvo and had a few laps down High Noon. Was good. Yep, some murky coloured spots...needs more snow, but for the most part was excellent condition. The new run out was hilarious! End of day lower mountain slush moguls on the final bit of pitch which isn't all that wide. It was carnage! :lol:

Most particularly the skiers were stacking it, few boarders, but overwhelming not suited to skiers. When u have 3 down it then becomes quite the obstacle course. Care required, and awareness of people around you, and your own abilities.

Ah memories of High Noon - good race track when it's on - Ice skating rink when it's not.

I swear it could be rated double black on some extra slick days. Good to sit on the deck at lunch and watch all those new hip bruises being formed

Ah memories of High Noon - good race track when it's on - Ice skating rink when it's not.

I swear it could be rated double black on some extra slick days. Good to sit on the deck at lunch and watch all those new hip bruises being formed

True that!!

The cubs were asking me why people were downloading on Gunbarrel today (most ski school kids, but some adults) - I said to them...well they probably finish up at Friday Flat and are not up to riding down High Noon. Shoulda seen their WTF faces. Come on boys...you were beginners once! :lol: there's no denying it can test you in some spots. Some care required on the second steep section today, but other than that (and the small runout spot where carnage ruled) it was riding awesome.

My fave Thredders circuit is up snowgums down through the trees around bushranger, across to sponors, partway down central spur, across to Antons and traverse across to the big open faces of Waiaimea - so many different lines there, sooo good with freshies - then down high noon and cut inder the slowest chairlift in the world (Merrits of course) and back down to snowgums base - back up that chair to Black Sallees for the best bowl of Goulash this side of Budapest. Ahh contentment :yummy:

I came across this on an NZ forum - Credit to Austin Powers.

It tickled my fancy and though I don't live there I have been 'across the ditch" a dozen times for snowplay.

book.gif

Rules for visiting NZ's South Island are:

1. Pull your pants up. You look like an idiot.

2. Turn your cap the right way around, your head isn't crooked.

3. Let's get this straight: it's called a 'gravel road.' I drive a Ute because I want to. No matter how slowly you drive, you're going to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way.

4. They are cattle. That's why they smell like cattle. They smell like money to us. Get over it. Don't like it? SH1 goes North, find it and bugger off.

5. So you have an $80,000 car. We're impressed. We have $250,000 harvesters that are driven only three weeks a year.

6. Every person in the South waves. It's called being friendly. Try to understand the concept.

7. If that cell phone rings while a bunch of geese/pheasants/ducks/quail are coming in during the season, we WILL shoot it out of your hand. You’d better hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time...

8. Yes, we eat trout, salmon, deer, and duck... You really want sushi and caviar? It's available at the corner bait shop.

9. The 'Opener' refers to the first day of duck season. It's a religious holiday, we will observe it.

10. We open doors for women. That's applied to all women, regardless of age.

11. No, there's no 'Vegetarian Special' on the menu. Order steak, or you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the two pounds of ham and turkey.

12. When we set a table, there are three main dishes: meats, vegetables, and breads. We use three spices: salt, pepper, and Watties tomato sauce! Oh, yes - we don't care what you folks in Ponsonby call that stuff you eat... IT ISN'T REAL CHILLI!!

13. You bring Coke into my house, it had better be brown, wet, and served over ice. You bring 'Mary Jane' into my house, she’d better be cute, know how to shoot and drive a truck, and have long hair.

14. College and High School Rugby is as important here as the All Blacks, the Highlanders, and the Crusaders, and is a heap more fun to watch.

15. Yes, we have golf courses - but don't hit the water hazards, it spooks the fish.

16. Turn down that car stereo! That thumpity-thump crap isn't music. We don't want to hear it anymore than we want to see your boxers, refer back to #1!

17. For role models refer to the "Mainland Cheese" and "Speights" boys 'good on ya, mate'!

Not a good forecast for Aus resorts from about Friday onwards. Rain, rain and more rain. A little snow possibly only on the highest peaks. What little base they managed to get over the last week is likely to be mostly washed away.

yeah that does look nice it has always amazed me the no tree thing in NZ

Although Im sure the mts in NZ are much higher, but it's the same in Scotland......no trees on the mountains, which is half the problem. The hills there get snowed on BUT that's usually with strong winds....which results in all the nice newly fallen snow being blown off the mountain!! It's not unusual for the access roads to be closed because of (drifting) snows and very poor conditions on the hill

Not a good forecast for Aus resorts from about Friday onwards. Rain, rain and more rain. A little snow possibly only on the highest peaks. What little base they managed to get over the last week is likely to be mostly washed away.

Yeah I was just looking at the weather forecast and was going to sharpen daughters edges but I think she should be fine in the slush as it doesn't look like freezing from Mon onwards.

no snow in the outlook until Thursday from what it seems...

That is very bad news because we are almost back to unskiable on the lower slopes.

Glad I left on Friday before the rain hit.

Hope so but it doesn't look good this week daughter got absolutely soaked this morning and she isn't really enjoying it and they go home Friday so they won't even get minus temps for artificial.