I had my first ski down front valley at Perisher today. all man made snow. A bit different to Japow.. one lift running and a narrow piste...

ha ha lame..

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wedding was Saturday.   The Bride and I at about 2am (Wedding was at 2pm) - we were both a bit messy by this time...

Wot u harvesting?   I did the old fruit picking when I was in Oz, melons and bananas were the hardest work.

Some of the best Aussie snow years I can remember had relatively late starts. '92 comes to mind. Barely any snow in June but once it started it barely stopped for all of July through Sept. I was still skiing on great snow that year on the Main Range well into December.

Just loving chilling in the mountains with good friends from all over Oz, meeting new people and having a break from a hectic lifestyle.

Had a great weekend, although would appreciate a little snow in the next week or so just to whet the appetite ;)

Large quantities of liquid snow in Thredbo today...

But fingers crossed for it to firm up and fall as flakes for the weekend.

Skis and board are at the ready - until then back to reading 'Inferno'.

:lol: that would be a NO.

But we did do it all again with wee hour finishes Sunday night and Monday night!

Last few days have been lazy as!!

No point heading to any lifts at this stage - hopefully we will see some snow before long and I can take the Supersmooths for thier virgin run.

There's been a little. Nothing to get overly excited about though. Cooler temps will allow more snowmaking. That's about as good as you can hope for most of the time in Australia! ;)

there has been very little snow. i saw a very light dusting at perisher this morning. < 5cms.

Snowmaking is preserving a very sketchy amount of snow..

The Southern most resort on the mainland Mt Baw Baw (the closest resort to where I live) did a little better out of this system than up North.

Edited by SJ-Pete
Image wasn't appearing, GoNative

Hey GN - how did you fare with the big rain event in Gippsland- looked like you copped heaps.

Any damage to your nursary?

We didn't get anywhere as much here on the west coast of Gippsland as they did on the other side of the Strzlecki Ranges and further into East Gippsland. At the nursery we've only had around 80mm over the last few days. It been enough to completely fill the dam we get our water from for the nursery which is good. It has got pretty low over summer and autumn..

there has been very little snow. i saw a very light dusting at perisher this morning. < 5cms.

Snowmaking is preserving a very sketchy amount of snow..

Were you at Perisher today Koko?

I was there till lifts closed, but didn't arrive until about 11am.

I've been in the not so Snowys for more than a week keen to give my new skis a try. Waiting waiting. In the end I decided what Perisher had on offer was likely the best I was going to get before heading home Friday - so we did the drive around.

It was certainly 'light' offerings, and just front valley - but we had a ball!

Seemore, it was a challenge! I so wanted to use my uphill ski in the turns!

Mentally draining trying to switch knowledge from board to skis.

Improvement was made from total retard to inexperienced skier in two very exhausting runs.

Swapped to the board because my knee was hurting and smashed out a heap of laps with the cub. Happy tired legs.

The ski boots are awesome - as comfortable as my snowboard boots with the exception of walking.

Walking in ski boots is ghey. No question.

The skis are lovely, and when I can turn with all my weight on the downhill leg and FORWARD without thinking about it I am sure progress will be rapid. 1st run took forever, broke out into a cold sweat and stacked it 3 times. 2nd run we did in a quarter of the time, no stacks, but a few 'holy shit I weighted backward...lean forward...lean forward...phew - got control again without killing anyone' moments.

If we don't get a dump soon all of June will have been a write off.

2.5 weeks till I'm up at falls, I hope there is enough to get 3-4 lifts going... If not I'm going to be hitting up the pubs for most of the time :-(

It actually felt a bit like winter this morining where I live. Im sure the season will deliver, its just a few weeks late which is nothing in the scheme of things