Things you dislike about yourself

I'm all for admitting my own deficiencies.

One of my glaring ones is a lack of patience. If I ask something I want an answer quick.

I hate waiting, it drives me up the wall and I get real worked up when something is done obviously slower than it could/should be.

Anyone else the same?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ippy's type?      

Nah, but if I ask a question, get an answer, then I believe that answer toi be accurate.

eg, I ask wifey "What's up?" answer comes back "Nothing." I continue as if nothing is wrong - makes sense to me!

But ... I get yelled at for being "insensitive" and not caring.

FFS ... The question indicates some level of caring - answer the F&*&^g question and some corrective action can be undertaken, else there's no problem ... carry on!

Not sure I dislike this about myself - just something that irritates the bejezus out of me! (and the reason that "wifey" is an EX-wifey!)

Edited by JA

Koko, agree but still gives me the irrits - if there's something to say just F%^king say it! innuendo and hinting do not work!

Nothing means NOT A THING!

:horse: :iamright:

ha ha women are different i have been told. i give up trying to understand...

Yeah, I've noticed that they're different too!

Any man who says he understands a woman (or worse, womEn) is having a lend of himself and the rest of us.

As a mate once said - You don't have to understand to enjoy!

I think the problem is the reaction that comes when a woman ACTUALLY reveals what is bothering her.

If the response was not 'don't be silly', or 'nah, that's not correct', etc then "we" might be more forthcoming ;)

However after almost 25yrs of marriage I am on the programme.

It's rarely 'nothing', and if I'm not ready to talk about whatever it is I just say that.

Hey - who'd have thought. Men are simple. It works!

Yeah, MB, some blokes are beyond understanding too. B U T ... after 13 years of marriage, one would have thought that the EX would have worked out that I actually asked because I wanted to know, and the "If I have to tell you, it isn't important..." response was a total cop-out!

Yeah, I'm simple ... ask a question, I expect a straight answer. The answer you give will be taken at face value, no layers, no inferences and no "hints"

BTW, she was (and still is, AFAIK) a psychologist, ... now THERE's a reason a run a mile or several, if ever I saw one!

I both love and intensely dislike the fact that I am a people pleaser.

I really like helping and being useful and valued - and I like making people smile.

But I hate being taken advantage of.

Had a mother ask me to drop her child home after training the other day. I had a gazillion balls in the air - PB was away - and I was running back and forth while guests in my home finished cooking dinner for the family for me (they didn't mind, but still...). She seemed desperate, like there was no way she could get him herself. So I said OK. On the way to the car after drop off she laughed and joked and said she was thrilled to be having a night off with her hubby and able to have a few glasses of wine and watch a movie.

Right about then...I disliked my 'people pleasing' nature.

That'd be the very last time I went out of my way for her EVER!

But I'm a old grumpy bloke! :confused:

I dislike that the only subjects worth talking about (politics, sex, religion - and i might as well add the niche subjects of cultural theory, philosophy and gaming) are taboo, or worse, tedious. I do try and ask people ive first met questions about themselves, but i dont really follow it up so it comes off as a kind of interview more than a conversation. Never could get the hang of something as simple as making conversation and small talk. Then again, i cant get the hang of tucking a shirt in and feeling comfortable with it. So, baby steps...