• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well.......Maybe Sunday mornings after church for all the hardened criminals in a wee bit of a rush driving home. Your money is as good as anyone's....we (the cops) are equal opportunity supporters

Of course they do...and when they get pulled over a quick flash of the badge rights any wrongs.

OK...I was driving to work this morning and I had a chilling revelation.....I had two months to renew my gold license and I had gone two days over. So, I had to go to the license center and pretty much start from scratch with the 1 hour lecture and busted down to blue. Losing the gold isn't so much the issue as losing an entire day sitting around. It really sucks that everything is either black or white with absolutely no gray area....kinda sad actually. Also, I realized...other than a wee bit of a discount on your yearly insurance having a gold license really means squat.

So...DON'T forget to renew within the two months.

When I got done for doing 31 over the limit I also had a chilling realisation that my international license had expired and I had yet to get a Japanese one. So when I went to court in Otaru the judge had not only to determine what fine I'd pay for the speeding but also if they'd impose a fine for being unlicensed. I did explain that I had honestly just forgotten when my international license expired and between being notified of the infringement and the court case I had managed to get my Japanese license. Anyway the judge was lenient and waived the infringement for being unlicensed which would have been Y250,000. And because the infringement occurred without me being licensed I didn't get any demerit points on my license :thumbsup:

I did get over a 4 man fine for the speeding though.