I do admit to having 3 speeding fines in 25 years of driving but whether I speed or not I don't expect or want warnings about cops and I certainly don't warn others. Would you warn a criminal robbing a store that the cops are coming and he should get a move on? For some reason people seem to think breaking the law whilst driving is some sort of right.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well.......Maybe Sunday mornings after church for all the hardened criminals in a wee bit of a rush driving home. Your money is as good as anyone's....we (the cops) are equal opportunity supporters

Of course they do...and when they get pulled over a quick flash of the badge rights any wrongs.

I give truckies the "heads-up" flash when they are approaching a RBT or a radar ... poor bastards are under a heap of pressure to make time for deliveries. The employers make unreal assumptions about the "average" speeds that a truck can do, and penalise the drivers if they are late!

I also use CB radio to talk with them, it keeps me awake, keeps them awake and gives a good idea of road conditions (including lurking traps) ahead.

I do admit to having 3 speeding fines in 25 years of driving but whether I speed or not I don't expect or want warnings about cops and I certainly don't warn others. Would you warn a criminal robbing a store that the cops are coming and he should get a move on? For some reason people seem to think breaking the law whilst driving is some sort of right.

Sorry to offend...

I have a total of 1 speeding ticket in 31 years and that one was when I was 17. I don't speed either but how do you define speeding..?. If it's 5~10 kms over the posted limit, well then maybe I do. With my truck's over-sized tires I really don't know how fast I'm going exactly.

And "criminals robbing a store" ??? WTF are you talking about with that one? Everyone is just going with the flow of the traffic and maybe 10~15 kms over which some cops will pull you over for and some won't. I'm not talking about flashing people going like a bat out hell on nitrous...I agree ,, F them. But, come on .. the letter of the law with folks just a bit over.. Really??

So GN... when I'm passing you I won't flash my lights......just flip ya the bird. K?

I give truckies the "heads-up" flash when they are approaching a RBT or a radar ... poor bastards are under a heap of pressure to make time for deliveries. The employers make unreal assumptions about the "average" speeds that a truck can do, and penalise the drivers if they are late!

I once came within a hair's breadth of being killed by a trucker in a hurry, and someone I worked with was in fact later killed on the same road by a truck, so I don't cut truckers any slack. The bigger the rig, the bigger the responsibility for others' lives.

When I was a kid, my mother put up a "speed trap ahead" sign up the hill from our house. There was no speed trap, but it discouraged people from inattentively picking up too much speed by the time they got to our house. Some folks even stopped by and thanked her for the warning!

I would say that almost everyone who drives goes over the speed limit regularly, as many of the limits are absurdly low.

It's just very unlucky to get caught especially if you are burning rubber.

Theres enough of them to keep police busy, and the Keira's thing too.

Chriselle speed if you want as will I. I just won't aid and abet people in breaking laws. I may not agree with all laws and I may not follow them all all the time but I don't expect people to assist me in breaking them and I won't assist them. If you choose to speed you risk getting caught. I feel absolutely no desire to assist others in avoiding getting caught. My reference to someone robbing a store is to point out that with almost any other law breaking we wouldn't even consider helping those doing it but for some reason when it comes to driving people seem to take great pleasure in helping others avoid getting caught breaking road laws. I really don't get it.

Why are u assisting people in breaking laws by alerting them to the presence of the Police?

Your analogy of helping a thief is totally ridiculous

Yawn, get off ur high horse

Go Native, What is the end result of me giving on coming traffic a heads up? I mean ultimately....? They slow down right? It's just like what Metabo's mother did with the sign she put up. Also, and this is very important to me....if the police were giving fines based purely on upholding the law then that's great. But, as everyone knows, it's just a well disguised cash cow. Shite,,,,even a common thief gets due process and his day in court.

What is by far the least risk to society?

1 - people driving without a seatbelt

2 - people talking on their phones while driving

3 - people doing 100kmh on small 40kmh roads

4 - tons of other stuff that is a risk to society

I reckon it's 1.

And when those lovely police men catch someone it takes up 15 minutes of their time. 2 guys. What is the point?

Well.......Maybe Sunday mornings after church for all the hardened criminals in a wee bit of a rush driving home. :wave: Your money is as good as anyone's....we (the cops) are equal opportunity supporters.

Police+Giving+Ticket.jpg

• Like 1

Well.......Maybe Sunday mornings after church for all the hardened criminals in a wee bit of a rush driving home. :wave: Your money is as good as anyone's....we (the cops) are equal opportunity supporters.

Police+Giving+Ticket.jpg

That there is a midget Hell's Angel being done for going under the min speed.

Of course they do...and when they get pulled over a quick flash of the badge rights any wrongs.

^^This

That badge also allows them to park in disabled bays, on double yellow lines, get free parking into car parks.......my mate's a cop and I've been there when he's done it...he says the perks are great