• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well.......Maybe Sunday mornings after church for all the hardened criminals in a wee bit of a rush driving home. Your money is as good as anyone's....we (the cops) are equal opportunity supporters

Of course they do...and when they get pulled over a quick flash of the badge rights any wrongs.

pffft! You are lucky it was just one point! I got sprung for my son putting his seatbelt on while moving (because I yelled at him to do so - for the 3rd time that night) and it cost me FOUR points and $500 if I recall correctly. I reckon I got close to a month of outstanding obedient behaviour out of that one seeing as I am now left with just 4 points total.

How many "points" do we have here anyway?

I have no idea.

Here (in NSW, Australia) we do not have any points to start with!

We start with zero points and they remove points for each transgression until you have a negative balance as per the following ...

A driver who has not committed any offences has
zero points
. If you commit an offence that carries demerit points, , the points are added to your driving record. If you incur the threshold number of demerit points within a three-year period, a licence suspension or refusal is applied. The three-year period is calculated between the dates the offences were committed. It ends on the day your most recent offence was committed. The thresholds are:
  • Unrestricted licence – 13 points

• Professional drivers – 14 points. See Professional drivers for more information

• Provisional P2 licence – 7 points

• Provisional P1 licence – 4 points

• Learner licence – 4 points

• Unrestricted licence with a good behaviour period – 2 points within the term of the good behaviour period.

Fort me, 13 demerit points removed will see my licence cancelled.

Why are u assisting people in breaking laws by alerting them to the presence of the Police?

Your analogy of helping a thief is totally ridiculous

Yawn, get off ur high horse

Because the only point of doing it is to assist those who are speeding to avoid detection. Helping people to avoid detection for breaking the law ties in pretty well with my analogy as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't help those who are doing the right thing, it only helps those who aren't. As I said I have no intention of helping people breaking the law.

High%20Horse.jpg

What the hell are you talking about zebedee? People flashing their lights to warn people of police ahead isn't for safety, it's purely to assist those who are breaking the law to avoid detection. Unless you're advocating just flashing everyone to make them slow down regardless of whether or not there are police ahead of them?

No it's not....it's stoping people breaking the law....they are slowing down. You aren't assisting them in breaking the law at all.

Nonsense. If they're not breaking the law then they couldn't care less about being notified of a police car ahead. The only reason to notify people of a police car ahead is to help those breaking the law to avoid being detected.

Now I live in a country area and there are often safety issues on the roads such as livestock crossing, pot holes, wild animals like kangaroos, trees down, etc and I'll of course flash my high beams in an attempt to warn people of the hazard ahead. That's normal courteous driving. I don't see it as my role though to warn people of police. A police car with a speed camera is not a hazard and is only an issue for those that are speeding. I feel no need to help such people avoid being detected. In fact I want them to be caught.

No it's not....it's stoping people breaking the law....they are slowing down. You aren't assisting them in breaking the law at all.

Nonsense. If they're not breaking the law then they couldn't care less about being notified of a police car ahead. The only reason to notify people of a police car ahead is to help those breaking the law to avoid being detected.

Now I live in a country area and there are often safety issues on the roads such as livestock crossing, pot holes, wild animals like kangaroos, trees down, etc and I'll of course flash my high beams in an attempt to warn people of the hazard ahead. That's normal courteous driving. I don't see it as my role though to warn people of police. A police car with a speed camera is not a hazard and is only an issue for those that are speeding. I feel no need to help such people avoid being detected. In fact I want them to be caught.

Utter tosh. If you are helping them to slow down....what's breaking the law about that?? If you were encouraging them to speed, then you are helping them break the law.

It's not a matter of whether or not I speed, as I've already said. If I do I don't want people warning me of police ahead. If I'm that silly I deserve to be caught. As does anyone else. I don't feel any sort of camaraderie with other drivers, like we're all in this together against the police and we all have to look out for each other. For me it's not a police versus the rest us battle. It's a those who speed/break the law versus the rest of us battle. I want people who speed to get caught. I'm not going to help them avoid being caught. Simple enough concept for you people? You seem to have trouble understanding it....

If I do I don't want people warning me of police ahead. If I'm that silly I deserve to be caught. As does anyone else.

What a load of old nonsense.

:lol:

Utter tosh. If you are helping them to slow down....what's breaking the law about that?? If you were encouraging them to speed, then you are helping them break the law.

By choosing to only help them slow down when there's a police car ahead you are complicit in aiding them to avoid detection for speeding. You know it, I know it. Helping someone avoid the consequences in my opinion is not right. You can attempt to justify doing it if you want but morally I don't believe there's any justification to assist people in avoiding the conseqences of their breaking the law. You're not assisting those who aren't breaking law, only those that are. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it. I just don't do it. But be honest and don't crap on as though you're doing it purely as some sort of safety issue. You're helping people to avoid the consequences of the law.

If I do I don't want people warning me of police ahead. If I'm that silly I deserve to be caught. As does anyone else.

What a load of old nonsense.

:lol:

Go fcuck yourself.

By choosing to only help them slow down when there's a police car ahead you are complicit in aiding them to avoid detection for speeding. You know it, I know it. Helping someone avoid the consequences in my opinion is not right. You can attempt to justify doing it if you want but morally I don't believe there's any justification to assist people in avoiding the conseqences of their breaking the law. You're not assisting those who aren't breaking law, only those that are. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it. I just don't do it. But be honest and don't crap on as though you're doing it purely as some sort of safety issue. You're helping people to avoid the consequences of the law.

I don't do it at all because I don't drive :lol:

But since I have a healthy distrust of the Police, then I would certainly signal oncoming traffic. So you're saying by giving them warning and causing them to slow down, you are complicit in breaking the law because you have stopped them from receiving the consequences to their actions?!

Sounds great, teachers shouldn't shout at children to stop running in the corridors because they are complicit in the breaking of school rules and the children deserve to be caught by the principal or break their arm in a fall. I am gonna live my life by this maxim from now on

There is no letter of the law with regards to most of the chicken shit tickets given out by the cops. One guy will be 8 mph over and slip though. The next, 10 mph over and get nabbed. The next one might be 12 mph over but the cops are just finishing up for the days and can't be bothered......get him next time.

Here's how I morally justify my actions..

We really have 2 scenarios here:

1) Lights get flashed at oncoming traffic and occasionally an excessive speeder is warned and he gets away with his previous conduct while he considers his luck and if he wants to press it again.

2) Lights don’t get flashed at oncoming traffic and a poor bastard passing an obstructive semi by going 63 in a 55 gets pulled over and ticketed.

Each scenario is the collateral damage of the other party’s position. I’d err on the side of #1. That’s the world I want to live in.

And based on the first scenario I can flash 10 cars to the cops pulling over and raping (ticketing) one single motorist.

You see GN... You're the preacher with the bible.

I'm the preacher with a bible in one hand, and a bottle of Jack Daniels in the other.

In the end we're still spreading the word.

I don't do it at all because I don't drive :lol:

But since I have a healthy distrust of the Police, then I would certainly signal oncoming traffic. So you're saying by giving them warning and causing them to slow down, you are complicit in breaking the law because you have stopped them from receiving the consequences to their actions?!

Sounds great, teachers shouldn't shout at children to stop running in the corridors because they are complicit in the breaking of school rules and the children deserve to be caught by the principal or break their arm in a fall. I am gonna live my life by this maxim from now on

I'm not responsible for the actions of others on the roads. Police are responsible for policing the actions of motorists. Just as teachers are responsible for policing the actions of students. I'm really loving the way people are attempting to justify helping people who are breaking the law. As I said previously it's really only in cars people would do this. There's virtually no other crime we would become complicit in by helping the offender avoid the police. Somehow on the road it's all different in some peoples minds I guess.