Had to nip out this afternoon. Bit of a rush.

Drove off slowly, past a normal looking dude who was just loitering or standing around on the pavement about 50m from my house, and then put on my seatbelt.

No sooner did I think 'that's kind of strange' - people don't usually just stand around on my road - than a fully kitted up policeman jumps out in front of my a couple of hundred m later flagging me to stop.

Surely not speeding?

Nope.

Seatbelt.

It was on soon after I passed the first dude, but it wasn't on at the point when I passed him near my house.

Obviously I should have put the thing on before I move - my bad - but.... took about 10 minutes to give me the piece of paper and.... don't they have more important things to do?!

Bit cheeky having a non uniformed dude checking people out either. It just doesn't seem fair! :grandpa:

No money to pay, just 1 point on my licence that I believe he said will disappear in 3 months (?), and my licence next time will be blue not gold.

:doh:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well.......Maybe Sunday mornings after church for all the hardened criminals in a wee bit of a rush driving home. Your money is as good as anyone's....we (the cops) are equal opportunity supporters

Of course they do...and when they get pulled over a quick flash of the badge rights any wrongs.

When you get knocked down to blue you don't get the maximum discount on your insurance for the 5 years until you can get back up to gold. It's fairly significant.

Here in Kofu when its that campaigning time of year the police stand on corners of the main roads in various parts of Kofu with a sign telling you to wear your seat belt or dont talk on the phone.

They are all in police uniforms and easy to spot from miles away.

Never really seen any plain clothed police officers pull anyone over around these parts.

They may be around of course but I have not seen any.

Never really seen any plain clothed police officers pull anyone over around these parts.

They may be around of course but I have not seen any.

They seem to drive white Toyota Crowns, at least the ones I've seen in Ibaraki and Fukushima.

Sucks about the insurance.

:doh:

They actually had got there in a normal police car.

The guy on lookout had just walked 2-300m down the road to do his cheeky spying. The git. Hw was totally in normal clothing. When I went past later, I could just about make out a radio thing attached to his jacket.

I always signal oncoming traffic if they are driving into a trap. Cops...grr..

I know this goes on at home.....but do Japanese people do this? Do they understand what you are doing when you signal them?

There must be a nationwide push from the cops to enforce this as since reading this thread I've noticed all the electronic road signs displaying warnings about wearing your seatbelt

I always signal oncoming traffic if they are driving into a trap. Cops...grr..

I hate people doing that. Fcuck people who break the road rules as far as I'm concerned!