Pre-consumption tax rise 'sales' banned

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have some things we need to buy, a new hoover ours is more than 10 years old and rather knackered now, so going to get a new one tomorrow, an air conditioner for the living room ready for summer, we don't yet have any aircons in our house, and just going to buy one, as hardly any houses here have aircons, so most probably not needed. If it is too hot in summer then will buy another for our bedroom at the time. And anything else we think we might need, before the tax goes up.

We bought an air con for the living/dinning and a robot hoover in the end.

The idea of coming back to a hoovered house is rather appealing.

Then we just need to hoover the not possible to reach by the robot places which are not so many in house really.

Will let you all know if it really hoovers well or not and wether or not it was a waste of money or not.

We were going to get a dyson type hoover but were recommended against it as dog hairs block it up and they break easy were as the bot is ok.

We shall see.

Well tried our robor hoover out and quite surprised at how well it cleans. It actually cleans better than our old conventional hoover.

I set the timer so it can go and clean when no one is around.

If you leave to many doors open it can get lost and cant find its way back to its house otherwise so far it has always returned to the charger base.

It can also get stuck between the dinning room chairs if they are not pushed together.

Put the electronic wall up and then that stops that.

So far quite happy with it better than I thougjt.

Will see over the coming months how it gets on.

I just had a look at rice cookers because the nonstick has pretty much gone on our current one.

The most popular one on kakaku is 24000 or so, after being 18000 before the end of 2013. Its a current model, and so is still being made.

Anyway, it suggests that folks buying before the tax increase are bidding up prices of things way more than the 3%. In this particular case, 30%.

Retail will be stone dead for a few months after the increase, so things that can be bargained on may well end up cheaper even with more tax.

Actually know I was more expecting it to clean ok and to save needing to hoover so much ourselves.

But it really cleans very well so I was surprised.

We still need to hoover the corners and spots the robot cant reach but that is all.

Well, I have been putting off buying stuff for the last 6 months in anticipation of this fine event and so after ringing in the day with some fine ale and home made pies, I think I'll get up early and go shopping on Tuesday and buy loads of stuff. I'll then return and order more stuff online.

You won't catch me faffing about on Tuesday, that's jolly well for sure.

:thumbsup: