Pre-consumption tax rise 'sales' banned

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just spent literally seconds researching this, and found the answer to be 2014年4月.

So presumably beginning of April. Won't we all be the fools if we go into a shop on 1st April 2013 and expect the rate to still be 5%!!! :veryshocked:

My financial year ends March 31 so I usually have a bit of a shop in Feb and March anyway.

I hope someone can get more goodies on the market by then. A jetpack or something.

• 10 months later...
ファミリーマートやローソンは、午前0時前にレジで1品目を通せば、ほかの商品も5%の税率が適用される。同じ品物を買っても、数秒の差で支払額に差が出るケースも出そうだ。

Top tip. Don't leave your shopping until midnight on 31st March.

Top tip. Don't do your main shopping at Family Mart or Lawson!!

Ogino super market in Nagasaka have already put 8% tax on a lot of the things without telling people and then they announced in the shop this week that everything will go up to 8% from 1st April.

So it means some stuff will most likely go up by 6%.

Those cheaty bastards.

There is no consumption tax here and still the prices go up on a weekly if not daily basis.

Price manipulation by supermarkets as they dominate and have unfair clout on suppliers.

Ogino super market in Nagasaka have already put 8% tax on a lot of the things without telling people and then they announced in the shop this week that everything will go up to 8% from 1st April.

Those cheaty bastards.

That's rather sneaky isn't it.

Is it legal?! :confused: Presumably they have just put their prices up to as if the tax were 8%, and the tax actually up on 1st.

Those cheaty bastards.

That's rather sneaky isn't it.

Is it legal?! :confused: Presumably they have just put their prices up to as if the tax were 8%, and the tax actually up on 1st.

I would have thought it is illegal, but I don't know how they stand on this, maybe the shops have a loophole to be able to get away with it.

I guess they don't think people will notice, but people do notice, especially when shopping regularly we end up remembering prices.

I would in a lot of ways like to go and shop somewhere else, but as we only have one super market in Kobuchisawa, and then this Ogino in the neighbouring town Nagasaka, not much choice but to have to shop there. I guess this branch knows that too.

The receipt from the home center was in my pocket and lo and behold, the 108 yen only includes 5% of tax! Given the extreme unlikelihood of the thing, the rubber tubes you use on mama chari tyre valves, being 103 yen, I guess they are bumping the prices up early in sympathy with Shinzo. For some reason, they sell them online for 98 yen and do free store delivery, so you can do it that way and save 10 yen. Its almost an invitation to be petty minded.

As an aside, is it absolutely necessary to keep making bicycle tyres with three different types of valves? :wakaranai:

Thats hardly a way to encourage loyalty is it.

Interesting are people here 'loyal' to certain shops/supermarkets for food and daily stuff? I use two and have cards at both, but keep an eye on prices and buy accordingly.