How many countries have you visited?

How many countries have you visited?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How many countries have you visited?

Definitely. I always enjoy going back to family and getting a dose of UK once a year. And the odd other place I go to.

I always enjoy coming back to Japan though.

:friend:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why should that matter?

well shouldn't it be, only countries where one has visited and eaten a pie that one has made?? After all who wants to know which countries you've been too where you've had to choose a pie that someone

I reckon only those who have had a local interpretation of a doner kebab should be counted.

Only 6 for me but as I get older I'm getting the urge to step out a bit more. My big dream is to travel by overland expedition on secondary and tertiary roads.....basically off-road. One of the reasons I'm going quite big on my new LandCruiser build.

Only 6 for me but as I get older I'm getting the urge to step out a bit more. My big dream is to travel by overland expedition on secondary and tertiary roads.....basically off-road truckin'. One of the reasons I'm going quite big on my new large truck.

14se6uq.jpg

46. New Zealand Australia Jordon Egypt Israel England Scotland Wales Ireland Northern Ireland Netherlands Belgium Italy The Vatican Greece Macedonia Kosovo Serbia Croatia Slovenia France Spain Portugal Austria Switzerland Germany Denmark Russia Poland Czech Republic USA Canada Mexico Barbados Saint Vincent and The Grenadines Hong Kong China Japan South Korea Singapore Malaysia Thailand Phillipines Cambodia Laos Vietnam

Based on the people I met in far off places Kiwis and Aussies would probably have a high average.

I would have thought it's easiest for Europeans to rack up high numbers relatively easily with so many countries all so close together. We Aussies have to travel almost further than the enire size of Europe just to get to the next country!

Somewhere packed away in a box is a collection of coins and low value banknotes. A lot of time though I had no money of my own, just the bosses money, so everything was changed at each border, so that we ended up back at base with only pounds or dollars.

Back in the Uk I have lots of old Drakmahs pesatos yugo money German money Austrian money etc as well as money from all other countries I have been.

A lot of Europe is boring with the Euro so was happy rhat Latvia and Lithuania still have their own money.

Only 6 for me but as I get older I'm getting the urge to step out a bit more. My big dream is to travel by overland expedition on secondary and tertiary roads.....basically off-road truckin'. One of the reasons I'm going quite big on my new large truck.

14se6uq.jpg

Haha....Wouldn't have to worry about what to take on the trip.....just get my house lifted into the bucket and take everything along... :wave: Dig the sign, too... :thumbsup:

Based on the people I met in far off places Kiwis and Aussies would probably have a high average.

I would have thought it's easiest for Europeans to rack up high numbers relatively easily with so many countries all so close together. We Aussies have to travel almost further than the enire size of Europe just to get to the next country!

But because Kiwis and Aussies have to travel so far, in the past at least, we have tended to travel more once we get there (ie base in London and travel Europe or Africa) and stay away longer. Both of which can lead to high numbers of countries visited, and a tendency to not go home.

Probably because of the language issue, or just using the same guide books, I met up with way more Aussie and Kiwis while travelling privately, in Asia and Northern Africa. (although Sri Lanka was full of large, older Germans who all seemed to have very young "girlfriends", however being in the middle a civil war may have scarced away other tourists) Have no idea therefore about how much they travel.

Most of my extended travelling was done in the 90's when the Aussie dollar wasn't so high and Aussies weren't so cashed up so I didn't meet that many other Aussies on my travels. It was mostly Europeans and Nth Americans.

I left NZ Dec 87, got back to NZ Dec 93, and spent most of my time with Aussies and South Africians. The companies I worked for employed lots of Kiwis, Aussies and South Africians, and most of the punters were from NZ, Oz and SA.

My travelling was helped by someone else paying for it, although the first 9 months were using my own NZ dollars, and they didn't go far. Much easier to travel privately once earning pounds. When working in Europe, the few Americans that came on the tours, always did seem to have a lot more spending money than the poor Aussies and Kiwis.

Most of my travelling was in developing countries in those days. I could spend many months away on bugger all money. I spent nearly 6 months in Sth America on only $3000. I managed to find places to stay for as little as 50 cents a night. I did run out of money completely at the end. Didn't even have enough money to pay the departure tax at the airport. Ah those were the days...

OK you win.

Don't think there is anything to win. Besides your list looks pretty good.

On your list you have Italy, did you go to Rome and vist The Vatican, it's a country. What about Monaco?

Your travels seem to include most central European countries, so can you include Luxemburg and Liechtenstein. I include them because I drove though them so many times. even though it only took 20 minutes to get though Liechtenstein.

That's the first time I've ever actually counted them. I thought it would be more actually. I spent a lot of time (years) travelling but stayed in places for quite a while, so it seems like I did more.

Sounds like you did the ol London-Capetown overland eh?

OK you win.

Don't think there is anything to win. Besides your list looks pretty good.

On your list you have Italy, did you go to Rome and vist The Vatican, it's a country. What about Monaco?

Your travels seem to include most central European countries, so can you include Luxemburg and Liechtenstein. I include them because I drove though them so many times. even though it only took 20 minutes to get though Liechtenstein.

That's the first time I've ever actually counted them. I thought it would be more actually. I spent a lot of time (years) travelling but stayed in places for quite a while, so it seems like I did more.

Sounds like you did the ol London-Capetown overland eh?

No, not London Capetown, did Kathmandu-Cairo-Nairobi-London with Encounter Overland, then worked for them for a while, office mostly and Europe, with some time in Asia and Northern Africa

Most of my travels were done back in the 80's and 90's too.

Young people today have no idea what it was like back then. No mobiles, no internet cafes, no internet, no email, no facebook.. :grandpa: .just a few letters to mum every month or so and often nobody knew where you were. Sometimes even I didn'know where I was :unsure2:

Most of my travels were done back in the 80's and 90's too.

Young people today have no idea what it was like back then. No mobiles, no internet cafes, no internet, no email, no facebook.. :grandpa: .just a few letters to mum every month or so and often nobody knew where you were. Sometimes even I didn'know where I was :unsure2:

I know what you mean. My Mum once sent a letter, which eventually found me, and said if I didn't reply she was going to get the Embassy to find me. By the time the postcards home from a country arrived, I was two or three countries further into the tour.

Looking back life would certainly have been easier with Internet and mobiles. Having to find a phone or telex machine (if you are under 30 look it up on wikipedia) to report problems, or ask for money was a pain.

Australia

New Zealand

Indonesia

Malaysia

Thailand

England

Scotland

Wales

France

Belgium

Switzerland

Austria

Italy

Yugoslavia

Spain

Portugal

Gibraltar ?

Czech Replublic

Hungary

Holland

Romania

Japan

South Africa

Zimbabwe

Thats around 20

Pales into insignificance compared to 54 but not bad

Let's see, going east from the International Date Line, roughly:

USA (Hawaii, Mainland)

Canada

Ireland

UK (England, Scotland)

Spain

France

Netherlands

Denmark

Germany

Switzerland

Italy

Vatican City

USSR

China

Indonesia

Singapore

Macau (pre-handover)

Hong Kong (pre-handover)

Taiwan

South Korea

Japan

USA (Guam)

Never been to the southern hemisphere... maybe some day?

In order from birth

England

Wales

Greece

Singapore

New Zealand

Australia

India

Holland

France

Italy

West Germany

Denmark

Norway

Belgium

Austria

Liechtenstein

Switzerland

Northern Ireland

East Germany

Canada

Saudi Arabia

Iraq

Kuwait

Spain

America

Mexico

Fiji

Samao

Cook Islands

Japan

Thailand

Korea

Macau/China (most beautiful girls)

Ireland

Sweden

Finland

Russia

Czech

South Africa

Scotland

Zambia

Ecuador (for about 14 hours)

Hungary

Latvia

Lithuania

Slovenia

Croatia

Ukraine (worst)

Kazakhstan

Might have missed one or two. You can probably guess my first job!