How many countries have you visited?

How many countries have you visited?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How many countries have you visited?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why should that matter?

well shouldn't it be, only countries where one has visited and eaten a pie that one has made?? After all who wants to know which countries you've been too where you've had to choose a pie that someone

I reckon only those who have had a local interpretation of a doner kebab should be counted.

France

Germany

Spain

Italy

Poland

US

Oz

Hawaii (ok it IS the US but its soooo far away)

Singapore

Malaysia

Thailand

Bali/Indonesia

Japan

UK (if we are counting it as 1)

54 the last time I checked.

Gets a bit hard to count for some places. ie I was in Yogoslavia, when it was Yogoslavia. So do I count it as one country, or the four or so it is now. (counted it as one for the total), and Czechoslovakia, I was there when it was Czechoslovakia, and a year latter when it was the Czech Republic and Slovakia, so is that one country visited, two countries, or three?

Also I counted England, Wales and Scotland as seperate countries. So maybe the total amount is 50ish countries visited.

Not that I'm trying to be picky, but Holland isn't a country. It's part of the Netherlands.

Also, if you have visited France, did you go to Monaco, it's counted as a seperate country.

Not that I'm trying to be picky, but Holland isn't a country. It's part of the Netherlands.

Also, if you have visited France, did you go to Monaco, it's counted as a seperate country.

So too San Marino, The Vatican, and Tonga.

I would tend to count England, Wales, Scotland as countries instead of just calling them UK, otherwise, Gibraltar, Jersey, Guensey etc can't be counted.

And HK, Macau are part of China, whereas Taiwan, can be counted seperately.

So too San Marino, The Vatican, and Tonga.

I would tend to count England, Wales, Scotland as countries instead of just calling them UK, otherwise, Gibraltar, Jersey, Guensey etc can't be counted.

And HK, Macau are part of China, whereas Taiwan, can be counted seperately.

The problem with counting countries is that some change. I visited Hong Kong before the hand over to China. So do I count Hong Kong as a country visted? or lump it in with China.

There lies the difficulty.

Hong Kong is either China or a Colony of the British Empire. It has never been a country.

But one cannot rename the poll as "places visited" otherwise there'd be hundreds of cities, counties or territories to count.

And what if you say Tibet. That is or is not China according to which Deli you patronise.

Aus (most of the time)

visited ...

UnZud (or New Zealand if you cannot pronounce it right)

Tasmania (technically a part of Australia, but certainly separate)

Japan

Singapore

South Korea

Twenty-odd for me. I might add one in June if we go to Monaco. If we do, I'll probably beat my current record for shortest visit, which is fourteen hours in Singapore.

Gets a bit hard to count for some places. ie I was in Yogoslavia, when it was Yogoslavia. So do I count it as one country, or the four or so it is now. (counted it as one for the total), and Czechoslovakia, I was there when it was Czechoslovakia, and a year latter when it was the Czech Republic and Slovakia, so is that one country visited, two countries, or three?

Also I counted England, Wales and Scotland as seperate countries. So maybe the total amount is 50ish countries visited.

Woooooh, That is a big number. Go on, name them. Would like some ideas to go for hols or not to go on hols :D

Back in the day of having to refuel, we would dissembark and sit in the terminal, wazz and drink beer. I wouldn't count rerfuelling stops as a country visited though.

Just reeminded me of this, not referring to your visit to Sing, Mr. Wiggles.

New Zealand

Fiji

New Caledonia

Canada USA

Mexico

Guatamala

Honduras

Nicaragua

Costa Rica

Columbia

Equador

Bolivia

Chile

Peru

Brazil

Argentina

Morroco

South Africa

Zimbabwe

Zambia

Botswana

Eygpt

Israel

Turkey

Greece

Italy

Austria

Switzerland

Germany

France

Spain

Portugal

Belgium

Netherlands

England

Scotland

Wales

Ireland

India

Nepal

Thailand

Malaysia

Singapore

Japan

Indonesia

Plus a few stopover that don't really count.

Woooooh, That is a big number. Go on, name them. Would like some ideas to go for hols or not to go on hols :D

OK here is the list, in order of visit

New Zealand

Australia

Thailand

Sri Lanka

India

Nepal

Pakistan

Iran

Turkey

Syria

Jordon

Egypt

Sudan

Ethiopia

Kenya

Tanzania

Rwanda

Zaire

Central Africa Republic

Cameroon

Nigeria

Niger

Algeria

Morocoo

Spain

France

England

Scotland

Wales

Netherlands

Belgium

Luxemburg

Monaco

Italy

The Vatican

Greece

Bulgeria

Yugoslavia

Austria

Switzerland

Germany

Liechtenstein

Andorra

Czechoslovakia

Hungray

Romania

Czech Republic

Slovakia

Bangladesh

Singapore

China (Hong Kong)

USA

Japan

Cook Islands

Malaysia

Spain

Portugal

France

Ireland if that counts

Belgiim

Austria

Germany

Poland

Yugoslavia when it used to be

Greece

Poland

Latvia

Lithuania

Estonia

Swotzerland

USA

Australia

Malaysia

Indonesia

Singapore

Vietnam

South Korea

Taiwan

Japan

Also been to Holand I forgot that.

Edit if I can include Scotland and Whales then that would make 27

Only 25 countries for me so far thought I had been to more but oh well never mind. Good excuse to visit more countries now

Having said that most of the countres in Europe I listed I have visited many times.

OK you win.

Don't think there is anything to win. Besides your list looks pretty good.

On your list you have Italy, did you go to Rome and vist The Vatican, it's a country. What about Monaco?

Your travels seem to include most central European countries, so can you include Luxemburg and Liechtenstein. I include them because I drove though them so many times. even though it only took 20 minutes to get though Liechtenstein.

9 for me.

Wonder what the average is for different nationalities. (Not here, in general).

Based on the people I met in far off places Kiwis and Aussies would probably have a high average. There is an app on facebook that lets you list all the countries and compare with friends. Of my friends that have done it average is 35 countries visited.

After Aussies and Kiwis I would guess, again based on people I met, Brits and South Africans next, then Canadians, followed way behind by Americans.

Note: The majority of my travelling happened 25 years ago, back when it was reasonably safe to travel most anywhere. With the problems these days the averages could have all changed.

The Vatican gives me another one. Whoopie! We went on a Sunday though so the Sistine Chapel was closed.We were too late to see the big man on the balcony too. It was still well worth it though to see the Pope-themed souvenirs being sold in the vicinity. Some of them are pretty wild.

My favourite Pope though is the statue of JPII commemorating his visit to Guam. There were massive arguments over which way it would face, so they built it so that it rotates once every twenty four hours. The RotaPope of Agana is a must-see!

It's good to get out of Japan every so often I reckon. It's good to see other ways of life and it helps you appreciate the good stuff when you get back.

The more commitments you have and the larger your family, the more hassle it involves, but it's still worth it.