Japanese have longer intestines......WTF?

I've heard that before and just this morning a co-worker spouted off about it in a loud and proud way. I reflected for a minute....and with an equal degree of pride I pointed to my crotch and replied... ya,,,but I make up for it where it really counts. And....I can naturally drink your ass under the table.

I can see asians in general having that trait but only Japanese ??.... don't think so. Any thoughts?

Takes longer for the waste products to come out. Therefore if you have longer intestines you are more full of waste products than someone with shorter intestines.

• Like 1

Thus....the Japanese are better suited for eating rice and veggies and not so much meat....like us western barbarians. That last bit is implied I think. That's the rational I've been told.

the 10 month gestation period for pregnant Japanese women is the funniest I've heard

Natsukashi....I remember laughing at that when my wife was pregnant.

The second and more “official” way to calculate your pregnancy is through lunar months or weeks. This is the method that most doctors use, and the method by which most experts measure fetal development. How does it work? Each lunar month consists of four weeks, of seven days each. A “normal” pregnancy will last 280 days from the date of your last menstrual period. And here’s the confusing part – that means your pregnancy will be 40 weeks or ten “months” long, measuring in terms of lunar months.

The second and more “official” way to calculate your pregnancy is through lunar months or weeks. This is the method that most doctors use, and the method by which most experts measure fetal development. How does it work? Each lunar month consists of four weeks, of seven days each. A “normal” pregnancy will last 280 days from the date of your last menstrual period. And here’s the confusing part – that means your pregnancy will be 40 weeks or ten “months” long, measuring in terms of lunar months.

not entirely true. This is a throwback to when less was known about reproduction, so they would count from the day of the woman's last period.....but that is only when a woman last ovulated, not when conception occurred. A woman can only become pregnant when she has conceived.....right? So using this for your measurement, then it is 266 days, which makes it 9 and a bit months. :p

not entirely true. This is a throwback to when less was known about reproduction, so they would count from the day of the woman's last period.....but that is only when a woman last ovulated, not when conception occurred. A woman can only become pregnant when she has conceived.....right? So using this for your measurement, then it is 266 days, which makes it 9 and a bit months. :p

That's the semantic discussion I had with my wife about it. I didn't care ... I was more concerned as to how much this new little person was going to cost me... :p

crittzel ... that's a question best not asked. But, since you have, and not been shot to pieces already, I assume there are no major problems. BTW, welcome to the asylum! :D

• 4 months later...