The pair of best gloves are 2 pairs of gloves.

In japan I ended up swapping gloves,neck warmer and beanie after lunch, it was worth an extra hour on the mountain I reckon

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got some Burton Ions coming from the states can't wait to try them

Yeah will be doing that

2 x gloves

2 x googles

Want really warm gloves tho for those cold /windy days, great snow but freezing on the exposed lifts.

And extra googles so clear pair to use after fogging 1st pair from overheating/ stacks

Yeah will be doing that

2 x gloves

2 x googles

Want really warm gloves tho for those cold /windy days, great snow but freezing on the exposed lifts.

And extra googles so clear pair to use after fogging 1st pair from overheating/ stacks

They called mitts :lol:

My gloves are top of the line goretex and my mitts are just plain jane mitts. Guess which ones are warmer.

My burton goretex ones were AU$110, they work well stopping water getting through the fabric but it always gets in at the cuff if you ride hard and stack harder like I do lol.

I was in the oakley store in george st last w/e and looking at some of their goretex line, quality stuff but AU$799 for pants is a bit more than I can justify

Two sets of gloves are a good idea.

I normally take a nice girly black pair that I bought in Zermatt - great fit, well insulated and comfy as!

But pack a second pair - cheapies that fit me and the boys...usually 2 or 3 pairs, so anyone with wet gloves or lost gloves can grab a pair.

In Japan when it is bitter I layer with some wool liners and that keeps the fingers toasty warm.

Nothing worse than dripping wet gloves that you have to put back on after a coffee break. Thank goodness for warm air hand dryers in the bathroom!

I have a pair of Tyrolla mittens from Costco, nice and warm, and seem very waterproof. Even with snow and ice melting on them I've never had wet hands. Only cost 2,500 yen and much warmer than my $NZ200 gloves.

Thanks Onehunga, I think we have a costco in Sydney now so will check if they have got some. Have brought cheapies from aldi before but imo not warm enough. Ok for walking around or putting chains on

Its nothing when you drink $6 coffee and $10 sandwiches lol. Welcome to sydney

Being from the central coast I'm lost when it comes to Sydney ;) & trying to save pennies to upgrade snow gear.

Am having problems hunting down 2nd hand pair of snow shoes.

I have a pair of Tyrolla mittens from Costco, nice and warm, and seem very waterproof. Even with snow and ice melting on them I've never had wet hands. Only cost 2,500 yen and much warmer than my $NZ200 gloves.

I dont mind spending the coin on brand stuff when/if it performs but hard to tell what its going to do in the elements when trying on in store. Really annoying when they are no better or worse than a lesser brand.

• 1 month later...

Just got an email from Mainpeak 20% off everything so I contacted them and they don't have any stock/size for any of the Burtons.

I sold my Hovercraft on Monday for $400 and they have just reduced it to $479 so that worked alright aswell.

Grab some gear Perthies they even have 20% 2014 Boards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mate I am stoked I bought and tried Salomon Synapse, Judge Dual Boas, which are meant to be good boots but the Burton suits me I loved the Hail and was worried about a stiffer boot but I can't complain people abuse the brand but I am a fan :happyshades:

Just received my Ion's very impresssed.

Great Lacing systen nice and comfortable not as stiff as expected. And they look pretty cool too

I thought that too compared to my old missions that have just about disintegrated - the missions were very old tech and hence the need for purchase

but felt a lot stiffer.

Am also impressed by the lacing, comfort and of course cool factor :p