Don't want them sharing my living space though!

in my place in Shonan, we had one that lived on our window. I had my PC and a lamp on a table right at the window, with the lamp shining out the window. At night it attracted loads of flying insects and this gecko just used to wait on the window and let the stupid insects fly right into his mouth!! was pretty cool to see from the other side

• Like 1
  • Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picture if you will a poor little fat kid getting his first intercity bus. Its a 5 1/2 hour journey so he brought snacks. He is fat, thats what fat people do. Now picture him walking up to the driver

Yes, I can vouch that Ippy is a real person and a very messy room-mate!  

Ippy doesn't have sex though. He finds it troublesome, or something.

The latest is... pointless shit. :) You had to be there. :p

We didn't have to be there, but the maid did. Now by the rules of the universe the maid and/or her cute sister will be one of your students.

right so, you left the door open, at a time when the maid usually comes and she just happens to be the only cute maid at your complex.........and she walked in on you JUST as you were choking one out??!! Yeah sure Ippy!! If you pardon the expression, this had all the timing of a well-oiled machine......sukebe!!

The latest is... pointless shit. :) You had to be there. :p

We didn't have to be there, but the maid did. Now by the rules of the universe the maid and/or her cute sister will be one of your students.

Jesus, i never even thought about that :o Not her, shes clearly in her 20s. But this is a pretty small town eh. :) Either ways, she never saw the offending article. Fortunately, at least one thing worked in my favor. For no reason at all that night, i wasnt sleeping butt naked as usual, so actually had some shorts and a tshirt on. Whipped it inside quick as you like but obviously not quick enough that any grown up wouldnt have had a clue what misery had just befallen them.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This week in Thailand:

I got walked in on by the same maid. I spent the entire time since last week deadlocking the door. And "forgot" this morning. Fortunately, not only did she knock and give me time to cover the naughty bits, but having caught me twice in similarly compromising situations she might actually convince herself that what she saw last week was just me trying to get dressed again. Yay! Alibi!

I went to Koh Chang. It was reet nice. I got a tan line, and realised that i could maybe hang out there on the weekends with not too much bother (20 minute moped ride to the ferry, hour crossing, and then up and down the island - gets more underdeveloped the further south you go).

gallery_10042_303_31420.jpg

I then proceeded to crash my moped whilst daydreaming and ending up bouncing off a pot hole at the verge of the road.

gallery_10042_303_43757.jpg

My first of likely many, road rash incidents. The people driving past me were probably stunned that the farang had somehow crashed his bike on a clear sunny day without another vehicle in sight. I am that kind of an idiot. :) Cost 300 baht to fix which is also absurd.

the kids are noisy as shit! :) And they cheat their ass off in games. And theres no coteacher. And i dont speak the language. And im teaching 10 - 15 year olds. The 10 year olds are... for want of a better phrase, bouncing off the ****ing walls. Super cute though. Oh and although they know how to rock paper scissors i cant quite get them to understand the concept of mingling. I assume this will be the same come the third grade middle schoolers wholl all stand at their desk and not move for the five minutes theyre supposed to be practicing conversations. Ah yes, and big clumpy wooden chairs and decks dont have make a ****ing racket every time someone so much as nudges them. oooh, and instead of a 10 minute gap between classes like in Japan, classes start at say 9.30, and finish at 10.30 then next class starts at 10.30 and finishes at 11.30. But really youre supposed to just start the class when they get there and wrap it up 5 minutes from the end. Teachers are fully uniformed up. Like proper army looking dress. Wednesday is mufti day though. They can wear whatever.

Ah yes, classes start 8.30. They have 3 periods in the morning, lunch at 11.30 -12.30 then another 3 periods in the afternoon. I was told a month ago that you have lunch outside the school, which is why im back at home typing this, but ill find out if im doing it wrong when someone complains. Until then, woohoo! lunch at home. Schools only a 5 minute walk away. Morning assembly is held outside in the quadrant from 8am. They do a few songs then the director gives a speech, then off they pop. You need a lot of water. Class sizes are around 25-35 here. Ive heard its much higher obviously elsewhere, but not too bad where i am. Ive got 18 classes a week. The other teacher has the same, but he does kindy ---> 3rd grade elementary. Thank the god i dont have his job.

There you go. Now you understand the thai school system. They dont have a laminator, thats a bit of a problem. Ill have to buy one i reckons.

ETA: Wifi internet all over the school, i can use my laptop without any issues. None of this muri bullshit. AND i have my own classroom. There seems to be no actual teachers room. So no one is keeping tabs on where i am and what games im playing while im waiting formy next class. Neato! :)