• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picture if you will a poor little fat kid getting his first intercity bus. Its a 5 1/2 hour journey so he brought snacks. He is fat, thats what fat people do. Now picture him walking up to the driver

Yes, I can vouch that Ippy is a real person and a very messy room-mate!  

Ippy doesn't have sex though. He finds it troublesome, or something.

Help me, I'm in hell. Only it's raining. Like real rain, not fiery rain which makes me suspicious that I'm actually back on earth after all. But that's exactly the kind of tricks that are played upon the lost souls of hell.

One more month then It's off to koh samui for a month of tourismtefling and finding an appropriate job in my beloved kankoku... Which ill obviously come to hate sometime around the end of the season, but in grand news, new gears coming in soon and I held off burning my hook up, so still have 750 bucks of stuffs coming my way as long as true snow survive their incredibly quiet off season :) alas no new stories to share, saving cash.

Help me, I'm in hell. Only it's raining. Like real rain, not fiery rain which makes me suspicious that I'm actually back on earth after all. But that's exactly the kind of tricks that are played upon the lost souls of hell.

One more month then It's off to koh samui for a month of tourismtefling and finding an appropriate job in my beloved kankoku... Which ill obviously come to hate sometime around the end of the season, but in grand news, new gears coming in soon and I held off burning my hook up, so still have 750 bucks of stuffs coming my way as long as true snow survive their incredibly quiet off season :) alas no new stories to share, saving cash.

you drunk ippy? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

still thailand, still trat. Clockwatching at the moment. Just over two weeks to go. Its running a bit tight on the apostille getting back here though before i leave. Probably have to get it forwarded to my new pad in Koh Samui. In other marvellous news, just found out i could get my tefl (in class 120 hours) not only 12,000 baht cheaper (about 300 USD), but also 1 week earlier (finishes 23rd instead of 30th). Sure its not a 150 hour tefl, but its pure paperwork anyways, so who cares? Yay! And the accommodation attached to it is for a month instead of the duration of the course, so that gives me a buffer until september 5th to find a job rent free. Things swinging round nicely. Just got to get that apostille in the bag and then its a race against the clock (must enter korea with a visa before 22nd September since my Criminal Records Check six month validity expires on that day). Hopefully despite the TEFL outlay, im starting off in korea debt free. Or close enough that it makes no difference. Last time started with a maxed out credit card and no money in the bank to pay it off

ETA: the original company just offered me the course at 30,000 all in. I immediately bumped them back up to 32,000 because i cant haggle properly. :) But there we go, thats nice. Musnt get greedy.