• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picture if you will a poor little fat kid getting his first intercity bus. Its a 5 1/2 hour journey so he brought snacks. He is fat, thats what fat people do. Now picture him walking up to the driver

Yes, I can vouch that Ippy is a real person and a very messy room-mate!  

Ippy doesn't have sex though. He finds it troublesome, or something.

More fun in the Land of Smiles.

Went to get my apartment today... provided by the school... 3000 baht per month which is grrrrreat!

Arrived at the house, and thought "this is nice and posh! Thisll work. Strolled up to the door to meet... hang on? meet? Am i in uni again?

Turns out that theres two guys living there. One, a skinny pacifist 50 something year old with a proper handlebar mustache, and the other a wiry 40 something year old balding, blond spiky hair and some kind of insect crawling along his upper lip.

It turns out that the 50 year old does in fact live there and will continue to live there, but the other dude is actually the guy who was sacked, and im replacing... faux pas!... and refuses to leave the house because he has a contract with the school until september to live there. Apparently he was supposed to leave a month ago and go to bangkok, but no one thought to maybe check on the matter? But of a weird situation. So instead im shown around a bunch of flats including one with my own pet gekos and its own food supply. All of them are nasty proper open walled country bumpkin stuff. I then go eat my lunch which seems to be garnished with ants and now im wondering if i havent lept a teensy bit out of my comfort zone. :) I felt like a snobby european when theyre showing me these things and trying to play up the positive while im "lets... keep it in mind, but shall we go look at another one?" :dance:

Its not easy being transient middle class.

Anyways, booked into a place for the next month, costs a bit more (7000) but hopefully by then things will have resolved themselves at the other gaff. Keeps me smack bang in the boho center of town as well... Noisy place though mind you. Doubt ill be getting any kip on my weekends. Ah crap, i just realised ill not be starting until June. Doubt ill be getting any kip at all :(

its... hot. Not too much to say, ive been ill since the day i arrived here. Only really done the cambodia visa run and had a day wandering about town with my co teacher to find the accommodation. Since then, not too much. Once thing i can say with certainty is that the next time im hallucinating (from illness of course) itll be the ants that get me. :)

From the minute i first tried to eat something in a restaurant here to the shower we all just shared, when i think of thailand, the first word thats coming out of my mouth is 'ants'... well, that and hot.

I tried peacefully coexisting with them for a couple of days, but today they started swarming my keyboard while i was playing games so i did the only kind thing i could do... i sprayed their trail. I tried to keep the ant casualties down to a minimum but figured id try and discourage them from climbing frther down my wall and maybe just stay up in the roofing or walls or wherever they are. No such luck. Within 3 minutes... im serious... the ants clearly figured that i had some bloody cheek trying to disturb them. I switched on my air con and as it opened, i saw about 10,000 ants perched on the edge and ready to launch a strike on me. Well, i gave those little bastards a spray and thats them all dead. Only now theres thousands of stragglers who keep trying to sneak up my leg and into my ears. Im hoping time works faster for ants and this is now year 100 of their war and soon theyll forget who and why theyre fighting and get back to being little happy working ants only with a deadly toxic pool on certain lines of theirs and leave my room the hell alone.

ETA: I now have a pet frog and gecko! I feel like dr doolittle :)

I honestly cant say a bad thing about geckos. Cant wait to have my first Tokay clacking about my house (since my door has a 10cm gap at the bottom of the bloody thing).

The frog's cute though. This is one of the dudes making the mooing sound :)

gallery_10042_303_5499.jpg

yup yup , just... id say bouncing... but those are fat lazy frogs. Strolling or waddling is probably a better term to describe them. I dun mind it, its cute. My only fear is that it might attract snakes into my room. Mosquito net or no mosquito net, dont fancy that too much. Oooh! and i also have a sort of pet rat living in the drains. Saw it scamper in there 2 nights ago. So me and Brian Blessed, both with our little menageries.

I never hated ants all that much until i came here. Theyre pretty small, but they just wont stick to the pre agreed terms of our ceasefire. They stay over by the air con running up and down the walls and i leave them alone.

haha, I remember staying in this cool, crumbly, colonial era looking hostel in Georgetown, Penang. The floors in the bathroom were stone and had a gutter run round the edge of the room where floor met wall, with a hole leading outside to the rest of the drainage system. On each hole there was some pretty heavy duty wire covering and I remember wondering what that was for........then I saw the rats!! Bloody huge bastards!! almost like a small dog!!