• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picture if you will a poor little fat kid getting his first intercity bus. Its a 5 1/2 hour journey so he brought snacks. He is fat, thats what fat people do. Now picture him walking up to the driver

Yes, I can vouch that Ippy is a real person and a very messy room-mate!  

Ippy doesn't have sex though. He finds it troublesome, or something.

amazing food out here. Also amazing supermarkets. Ive got a waitrose! You really could live here without too much in the way of cravings. Which is a pity because i was kinda hoping id not get fatter than i already am :'(

As for the tummy issues, no doubt, been rolling the dice on street food since i got here. It was bound to get me eventually :)

its not a trip to Thailand unless you get a dose of the Bangkok-trots!!

I'm really digging the food since moving to Sapporo.....the ramen up here is fantastic! Soup curry.....phoaaarrr and I've already mentioned the Lamb BBQ. Unfortunately my trousers seem to have shrunk a little :o

as it turns out, i have a job. As ever, ive deliberately gone hermit. Im signing the contract tomorrow. Pay sucks, but its going to be in range of the beach and the beach isnt a tourist hot spot so should be a nice adventure. Its Trat province. Pay is 30-32,000 baht. Theres also mountains to the north of the region. Oh and did i mention? Its on the border of cambodia! Whee! im about as far from Phnom Penh as Bangkok so if im bored of thailand, i can just nip across to cambodia instead :)

Stopped going out and tasting every night now?

;)

me? Not exactly....we've calmed down a little but still eating out (and nomihodai-ing) far too many nights a week.

So i has my job! Contracts been signed! they even actually like me! 32,000 baht per month. 20 teaching hours per week. Pro rata so no pay in March/April aside camps, but i dont mind because a) if i hate the place ill just leave for korea since the new year starts in March. and b ) Its in a city called Trat which is about 40 minutes away from this:

Soneva1.jpg

Koh Chang island

Thats alright :)

And heres where ill probably be going most weekends: Ko Kut:

l10204121.jpg

Thanks dudes, i cant freaking wait to make people mad jealous on facebook. Thats literally the only reason im going there. 4m annual rainfall, the next six months all over 40cms and from June to September its 800mm and 26-29 days of rain/month. But for those glorious two days of sunshine im praying its a weekend so i can pretend im sunning it up on a paradise island when in fact im living in a teeny town with nothing to do and snorkeling around my living room trying to dodge the millipedes, scorpions and whatever other horrors living near a rainforest has in store for me whilst trying to get some kind of wifi signal so i can communicate with the outside universe. Then again, maybe no wifi will be good for me.

hahahahaahahhahahhahahhahahahahahahah! asif god would be so kind and let me spend m next year or two stuck in a house with nothing to do and actually reading a book or even studying a bit! As fekkin if! god i hate the internet. A pox on my own damn house! (i of course love you all, i mean the OTHER internet, obviously!)