Getting rid of the winter jelly belly

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is that on offer now Tubbs?   I'll take two!

All that naked hiking through the snowy hills of Sapporo is sure to see you down to slimBeaverinho in no time

Mamabear, I actually felt pretty good today after stretching last night so I just repeated the same set.

Bigwill I started off thinking I'd only do each one once, but felt good afterwards. The weight isn't that much really, so I decided to do it once more to feel out the movement again. I didn't think it would hit me the way it did as I was just thinking its two sets, can't be that bad right? Surely this time it can't be as bad! ;)

Good on you teikietsulover.

Nothing like attacking what you want with passion.

Over the past two years I have taken the youngest 3 of my sons with me to my cardio kickboxing session (eldest is never going to come - allergic to effort). They've all refused to go back after stopping early, stepping back on bag holding and having the kind of DOMS you described afterwards.

I have a new 'son' - a Spanish 17yr old living with me now, and he was lamenting the break in Water Polo training at the moment. "I want to train. I want to train.".

Ok...want to come with me? It's better than nothing...

Ok.

:lol:

I broke the new son too.

a Spanish 17yr old living with me now....

Does Papabear know about this, Mamabear?

;)

:lol: HE ORGANIZED it ;)

It's convoluted.

Young boy, mother passed away, father on a contract until end of next Olympics in China, a kid alone looking for opportunity. We are very close friends with our sons coach, who is the boys fathers close friend. We've met the father a few times. Age difference between #3 son and 'new son' is just 6 months and they will train and play together.

Originally a 3 month thing. Looks like it will be a lot longer :)

I was actually worried he was gonna kick my ass at training.

I've been so sick and really only now coming back - I needn't have worried :lol:

Old, grumpy and determined has it all over young, fit and Pffft that's hard work ;)

I thought I'd say that after two weeks now I'm really enjoying the workouts I can do. Feel stronger and am losing my spare tire already, so I give these things two thumbs up! Changing workouts around and adding new routines in the mix and am now thinking about when I'll buy the 16kg... :)

What did you buy Orange?

I went for a run the other day when it was raining and enjoyed splashing through some puddles, but I really enjoy cycling so much more than running. Ive gotten into a rhythm with the weights and the movements are smooth finally, and I do them maybe two to three days a week. They still make me sore, but not in a bad way thank god!

Have been cycling and running over the summer. Longest ride was 175km, and regularly doing 100km rides.

In the run up to the winter I've started stretching daily. I've really noticed the increased flexibility. I've always been relatively fit, but in recent years would get quite stiff after exercise. Now I can bend and flex like I could when I was a teenager. I'm hoping my skiing will benefit this winter!

100km!! Whoa!! I did 65kms and my legs were like jelly and my ass was killing me!! :)

Hope to share a few turns this season Mag.....and if ur looking for someone to fill a space in ur car, let me know! :D

I recommend Brooks saddles. Handmade in the UK from leather. The first few rides are torture, but after they're broken in, it's like riding on air!

We often have a spare seat in the car. More than happy to give you a lift Tubby!

Different routes, lots of great scenery here keeps it interesting. Quiet roads where it's safe to have a conversation. If I'm alone, a single earphone with music or podcasts. I find if I set off knowing I'm out for a long ride, the time tends to go by quite quickly. I really enjoy the feeling of covering distance by bike.

I'm in a stinking city with massive air pollution, so I need to be indoors and air-conditions. I walk 2 km on the treadmill and then have to stop for a beer break. Spend the rest of the time chatting and oggling some fit asses.

Of course, yesterday, being one of the most polluted days of the year, we when for a cycle and scooter ride around Inspiration Lake near Disneyland. The invisible filth in the air did us more harm than if we just sat outside.

But it was a brilliant sunny day at 26C and 40% humidity.