Getting rid of the winter jelly belly

true,......hence my continual tubbiness :D That said, I've just came home from a 5.5km jog through Maruyama Koen....beauty of a day today, warm in the sunshine. It helps that my missus is also into fitness, we've been running together since we moved up here and she serves as a good motivator for me to get out n about.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is that on offer now Tubbs?   I'll take two!

All that naked hiking through the snowy hills of Sapporo is sure to see you down to slimBeaverinho in no time

Hokkaido Marathon in August then Tubby? :happyshades:

I've been riding my bike a little more recently, and now the pavements are all free of snow I've started running occasionally.

As Mr Wiggles points out, getting out the door/ off the couch thats in front of the tv is half the battle. Its

not easy to do after a crapola day at work when all you want to do is de stress with a couple of bevvies and

a packet of crisps.

Also as tubby highlights exercising with a buddy/ group can really help. That is one of the reasons going to the

gym works for me, there is always some people there trying to get fit. Its all layed out ready to go and they also

have all those group classes / les mills inspired if one is incline.

Motivation for me also comes from trying to get value for money or using the membership which is not too bad as the gym

is supported by the local council.

One thing that I have really notice is there is fashion trend in gyms/ exercising now. I still wear an old t-shirt, board shorts

and joggers to get hot/sweaty in but there is alot of expensive Lorna Jane/ Lycra etc parading around out there.

I think I have just about worked off that Indian meal.

Not done too bad myself actually this winter. Getting out and doing exercise always seems harder in winter. Less excuses once it warms up.

• 4 months later...

How's all the training going?

Is the start of your red season time to think about pre season exercise or

is the weather still perfect for pies, beer and football?

I have noticed a bit of buzz with posts of people preparing to ski early season,

the first call of bottomless pow for Hukaba and people starting to sort trips with

the call "book now".

Yeah. Still a bit early for me & most footy codes here, have their finals in September.

So still a good times for warming up the TV and pies and getting the beer cold. Go Swannies.

Oh yeah. Apology in order, Hakuba, not how I spelt it above. :friend:

Am knocking out about 40kms in running, with some Fartlek training thrown in.

I am going to do the Coedo half-marathon in November, and have entered the lottery for the Tokyo Marathon, which takes place in Feb 2014.

Good on ya MIJ....man, with the heat this summer and very little exercise as a result...my cardio has absolutely flat lined. I think just running around the block would kill me right now.

I think half marathon is a great distance. Long enough to be challenging but short enough to try for a time and not worry about shite like carbo-overloading, glycogen levels, and hitting the wall. Anyone in decent shape could even have a beer or two the night before.

Conversely I think the full marathon is held up too highly as a meaningful goal and involves hassle type preparation and boring as ferk three-hour slow paced training runs. Unless you have lots of weight to lose, I reckon the average person would be much better off aiming for a fast time at a shorter distance. A sub 45 10k is a much bigger achievement (in terms of V02 max) than a five or even a four hour marathon.

My knees are clapped out, so I took up riding and ditched the runners for a Giant 29s hard tail MTB. We have a MBT trailhead at Mogo Forest with some great trails and a 2km easy downhill run. This section has a adjunct fire trail that run next to the downhill section so you can just do a return climb up hill to the beginning of the downhill section. A circuit of 5kms. 3 up and 2 down. I used to push my bike back up until this bloke show me that I had my bike set up wrong for climbing and adjusted the position and angle of the seat and the High. He also advised me to lower my seat 70mm for riding fast downhill section. With some more tip each time I meet Peter at the trail head as made a remarkable difference to my climbing endurance. Tip like finding the gears to used with my cadence and relax while in climbing mode. The last tip help the most once you have your bike set for climbing.

I am going to do the Coedo half-marathon in November, and have entered the lottery for the Tokyo Marathon, which takes place in Feb 2014.

I had to google Fartlek!

40kms -every time you run?

I need to start training to bulk up again will start

Weight training again from next week. I have sweat away so much weight this summer farming that I will turn into a bloody skelton soon.

I am down to a skinny 78kg now. So will start bodybuilding again as well as cycling and martial arts training again as during this past couple of months I havent done sod all training its been to damm hot.

I had to google Fartlek!

40kms -every time you run?

Doh! 40kms a week...

I usually do 3 x 7km during the week, then a 20km run at the weekend, sometimes 2 x 10 or 1 x 20.

Haha, I'll be honest, it's been tough during the hotter times, but it makes the beer taste so much better. ;)

You don't need to exercise anyway Chriselle, you have a monster 4x4 to drive you around. :D