Did the electricity go off in the late 70s? I only remember it happening when I was very little, about the time of three day week in 1974. That's just after the oil shock

Yes. Hence why I said it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The policies enacted by her leadership of the government resulted in 1.5 mill being added to dole queue. She was the Prime minister when unemployment broke thru the 3 million mark for the first time i

Did the electricity go off in the late 70s? I only remember it happening when I was very little, about the time of three day week in 1974. That's just after the oil shock   GDP growth under Thatcher

your constant attack on whether the Labour government didn't re-open the mines is laughable

:lol:

'Unanswered real question' morphs into 'constant attack'.

Such drama!

I still haven't heard from you what you thought Thatcher's good policies were.....I am genuinely interested in hearing the other side of the coin, because from my perspective and my experience I can't see any

If she had personally given each family 100,000 quid along with a free furnished home, you'd find stuff to pick holes in.

There's enough documented stuff out there from enough people to find out and read up on what are considered the other side of the coin if you really want, but as I'm rather busy and you're obviously not actually interested, I'm certainly not wasting my time doing that.

As I said before, I'm mostly just quite amused at gently prodding haters to see just how much blinkered hatred comes flooding out.

Have you yourself ever signed on at the dole?

No.

Ever seen the absolute crud jobs that they offer you? I have, it is soul destroying.

Sounds to me like an excellent starting point to motivate yourself to get out and make something of you life, does that.

Plenty people did.

Who out of those put on the dole (not just the miners, they were the union the Tories felt they could win against) sat on their ass, ate chips and watched TV??

The ones who sat on their ass, ate chips and watched TV, have never worked since, expect handouts, etc.