• SnowJapan Admin

We're very happy to at last be able to introduce the new version of SnowJapan. And here it is:

SnowJapan

We're going to keep this announcement as short as possible but there's a few important points we'd like people to read, so here goes!

This new version of SnowJapan is completely new - even familiar sections and functionality have been re-coded from scratch.

There is a lot to discover, but we hope that you will find the site to be easy to use and self-explanatory.

We recommend just getting on over there and using it and re-discovering SnowJapan.

For a short introduction to the new website as well as some more background and info on the new version, we have prepared the following page:

>> Introduction to new SnowJapan

----------------------

There's just a few important points that we'd like to make as you start to discover the new site:

Initial issues / loading times

We've done all that we can to try and make sure the site is working properly before launching.

Even so, it's all brand new code. The new systems running the site involve a lot of complex coding.

There will almost certainly be some issues that we need to sort out in the days and weeks following the initial launch.

Current functionality will be adjusted and further functionality will be added.

Some pages may initially be fairly slow-loading. Once the site has settled in, we will be adjusting certain aspects of the coding which will speed those things up.

Specific issues that we are dealing with will be noted here: http://www.snowjapan...ssues-updating/

Please be patient as we work on these things in the initial weeks after going online.

MySnowJapan members area

The new members area of the site is called 'MySnowJapan'.

You log in to this by using your current SnowJapanForums username and password.

If you are already a member of these Forums, simply log in to MySnowJapan using exactly the same username and password that you use to log in to SnowJapanForums.

More information on MySnowJapan and it's features can be found here:

>> About 'MySnowJapan' member area

----------------------

We really hope you like the new site.

Thanks.

mysnowjapan-design.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a quick look round but it looks excellent and indeed a very big improvement.

Can't wait to discover it more.

And I see what you did with the "areas" thing you asked about last year! :thumbsup:

Hope that once it settles in you can at last get some rest!

Seems extremely impressive, top notch.

Obviously a massive amount of work has been put into it.

Things I noticed that I really liked:

- the snow fall graphs for the last 14 days on the daily reports - brilliant idea

- the breadcrumby-ness of the navigation, so easy to get round

- very clean and striking graphics

- tons of new data for each place - love the way you show how far nearby resorts/hotels are. (Thinking how you actually got that info - can only think manually doing it?!)

I mean, I liked the site before but this is such an obviously very considerable improvement.

Very well done indeed.

:thumbsup:

Great work SJ dudes. You really pushed it out here.

We'll need to guess where each of those bottom mountain shapes are, presumably they are all real?

And I see what you did with the "areas" thing you asked about last year! :thumbsup:

Yes it is much clearer now.

After all, if people just search on resorts in the town of Niseko, they miss out the big one which is in Kutchan.... and so on. The Area thing is a very good way to group them together.

This might turn into a "well done guys" thread, but no doubt it will feel good hearing that after putting so much effort into it all - and that is quite cleary obvious.

But.... well done. Don't know what I was expecting and only taken a quick look, but it looks top draw quality. A massive improvement, which isn't meant to make the old site sound rubbish.

Check out the list of "nearby resorts" on the Hakuba Happo-one page and the Niseko Grand Hirafu resort pages.....

Haha.

Looks brilliant. Very professional... but friendly. Will explore over the weekend.

Bottom mountains back one is Yotei I think.

The navigation round is just so so so much improved on previous one. Great to see all the little maps everywhere as well showing where everything is.

I wasn't quite expecting such a big change. A good thing!

ganbarimashita! :clap:

A couple of questions, with apologies if the answers are elsewhere, but do you want us to start using the new site/stop using the old (this) one from now on, and do you want us to report any problems to you??

Cheers guys (and Bob)! :thumbsup:

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks for the comments.

There does seem to be a sometimes problem with the page loading.

Stuff like this is/was always probable with something like this - as much as we have tested extensively and for many weeks, a live production environment is always different from a test one.

(Perhaps it is best that we haven't launched during peak season after all!)

We are of course working on fixing that up asap.

Been working fine for me. Gambatte!

Looks great, been taking a look round - you can clearly see the effort and love poured into it.

Very well done, congratulations.

Great work SJ dudes. You really pushed it out here.

We'll need to guess where each of those bottom mountain shapes are, presumably they are all real?

I think Tanigawa and Bandai are in there

• SnowJapan Admin

Some adjustments have been made and hopefully it is more stable now.

We're still working on this to further improve.

Please note that there may be times when the server needs to be rebooted or some other planned "downtime" to make fixes.

Sorry for any errors that people have been getting.