• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SnowJapan Admin

Now reports will be updated and back to normal later tonight hopefully.

Next!!

Update: :doh: Sorry, encountered another stumbling block. Back to 'do it as soon as we can'.

The スノージャパン at the top and 雪 日本 bottom left are not fonts ----- we got a professional calligrapher to brush those for us.

Very cool indeed.

I love such attention to detail.

Have a beer on me :cheers:

Looking good! I finally got around to using the passes you sent me for Hakuba and Myoko. Drafted up my reviews and got some photos. Where should I upload them?

• SnowJapan Admin

Hi there NECK.

If you like you can post them on the Forums here.

Eventually would be great if you could post them in the Resort Reviews and Photos section of the new site. We're still working on a few issues over there, so perhaps wait a little while for those.

Thank you.

:friend:

Hi SJ crowd, long time user of the site, just registered to post this. I don't know why people say that the loading of the site is Ok, for me it takes almost 20 seconds. To be fair is actually only the home page that takes so much, other pages and forums seem OK.

This has been like this consistently for the passed days. No problem with my internet, got fibre at home, other sites load normally. My location is hokkaido.

Hope this info is useful.

• SnowJapan Admin

Hi there

To respond to that, let me take you back to the first post in this thread and all the other threads we made on launching the new site....

There's just a few important points that we'd like to make as you start to discover the new site:

Initial issues / loading times

We've done all that we can to try and make sure the site is working properly before launching.

Even so, it's all brand new code. The new systems running the site involve a lot of complex coding.

There will almost certainly be some issues that we need to sort out in the days and weeks following the initial launch.

Current functionality will be adjusted and further functionality will be added.

Some pages may initially be fairly slow-loading. Once the site has settled in, we will be adjusting certain aspects of the coding which will speed those things up.

Specific issues that we are dealing with will be noted here: http://www.snowjapan...ssues-updating/

Please be patient as we work on these things in the initial weeks after going online.

Thanks.

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks, and thanks for the email comments some people sent in too.

Going back to that "Areas" idea... what a good one.

Can/will you potentially add more?

Sorry I missed this.

Yes absolutely.

We can adjust/add as we like, and intend to.

After 'the rest'.

:friend:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...