we climbed at night, took us about 8 or 9 hours (2 guys I done it with are a bit older and out of shape than even me!), we went up the new Gotemba route. The longest route from "stage 5". None of the huts were open until just below the summit, yeah the clear sky was nice, the isolation up there was also cool but I hated the climb every step up and every step down. I would warn anybody not to do it.......hands down worst thing I've ever done in my entire life

Or if you are going to do it.....do the 3-4hr route that everybody else does!! Everyone walks down the route we came up.....very few go up that way

I climb Fuji every year. The fastest I've made it was 3.5 hours from the Fujinomiya 5th station. I've only every done the night climb. This year I'm thinking about doing the Sea to Summit challenge where you walk from the port at Taganoura (Suruga bay) and summit Fuji. Apparently it takes 24 hours.

The official climbing season is July and August only, although people do climb before and after these dates.

I think it is

1. because these two months are least likely to have snow on them or get any new snow.

2. the little rest houses and snack places are open only during this time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...