Yes, the infamous yeti. Spend a day riding then head to the zoo and feel like shit for the poor bloody animals freezing their nuts off.

Building a couple of ski resorts on an active volcano was no deterrant in the Nth island of New Zealand. Check out Whakapapa and Turoa on Mt Ruapehu.

I can remember driving past Mt Ruapehu after one eruption and seeing the whole of the top covered in black ash, with lots of little white lines down it. People were back skiing within a week of the eruption.

mmm...dunno the official numbers....but pretty bloody steep!! Having walked up it last summer.....its disheartening to walk those many switchbacks and look up and still be hours away from the summit.....I hated that mountain. (very nice to look at from afar tho :D )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The 1st Fuji rock was down in the shadow of Fuji, however it was cancelled half way thru the first day because a typhoon swept thru and blew it all to shit. Since then it's been sited at Naeba ski resort in Niigata

mmm...dunno the official numbers....but pretty bloody steep!! Having walked up it last summer.....its disheartening to walk those many switchbacks and look up and still be hours away from the summit.....I hated that mountain. (very nice to look at from afar tho :D )

Did you climb during the day?

I climbed it at night it was way back in Aug 1st 2000.

The night climb was great because you could not see what the mountain was like but we saw several shooting stars and of course the lights down below twinkling as the sky was clear.

Started around 9pm got to the summit around 3am.

We sat there and waited for the sun to rise, that was really cool with a very quiet earily feeling .

After that we wondered around the creater before making our way down which by now cloud and fog and started to make it way in.

From a distance Fuji looks great but when you are actually on it during the day it looks shite just like walking down a huge redish brown mole hill.

Climbing Fuji at night is the way to go.