Kagura - Mitsumata or Tashiro (or Dragondola!)?

OK so a fair few people know and go to Kagura on here.... what's your preferred way to get up there?

Mitsumata Ropeway

Tashiro Ropeway

Dragondola from Naeba

?

Ditto.....and it seems to be open the most. Dragondola doesn't open till later anyway but is often wind affected.....Tashiro seems to be closed before the Mtsumata side as well

I think the numbers are few. I reckon it's paid for in the green season.....it's about 1000¥ a ride during Fuji Rock and it's pretty damn busy for that weekend.

I feel the same, never really taken to Tashiro. In fact T and M are basically just ways to get to K for me when I have been, there's not much to M either is there - just much quicker to get to the best bits.

I have probably been via Tashiro more actually, coming up from Gunma. Often find it less busy as well definitely a plus on weekends.

I do know a few people who stay at Naeba but mostly ski at Tashiro/Kagura.

I suppose they just get up, get over to the Gondola and ski from Tashiro.

Dont think they bother much with Naeba, but they do like staying in the little village area there.

there are shuttle buses between the bases as well....Naeba > Tashiro > Mitsumata and back again. Best option IMO due to Dragondola opening late and sometimes not at all

also think Mitusmata access is beeter although in saying that had one a great day riding under the lift that takes you back up to the Tashiro gondola - laps and laps of freshies and a relatively short run was fun

I see on the Now reports that Sunday was the busiest of the season at Kagura!

Yes saw that. I knew it was busy late season, but busiest?! Interesting.