I went to Hakuba Minekata, my first new ski resort in about ten years!

My second kid can now ski intermediates, so it might be worth trying somewhere new next year.

This was my third season and the first one I had a car so quite a few new places for me this time around.

Nozawa Onsen, Suginohara, Ikenotaira, Cortina, Iwatake, Tsugaike, Happo-one, Ryou, Hida Nagareha, Meihou and Okuibuki

This was my third season and the first one I had a car so quite a few new places for me this time around.

Nozawa Onsen, Suginohara, Ikenotaira, Cortina, Iwatake, Tsugaike, Happo-one, Ryou, Hida Nagareha, Meihou and Okuibuki

Would love to see/hear more about those Kansaiash

;)

Would love to see/hear more about those Kansaiash

;)

Thought I had posted them, sorry about that. I've added Hida Nagareha and Meihou to my Gifu thread.

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/index.php/topic/22570-gifu-pow-sessions-20122013/?do=findComment&comment=470860

As for Okuibuki I havent written a report yet because the place really annoyed me. It was overpriced, bad conditions and the places I wanted to ride i wasnt allowed to.

• 2 weeks later...

This last season I went up to Akita to visit some friends and tried out Tazawako.

Really liked it, very nice snow conditions and great views too. Bit out of the way.

Not as keen on Shizukuishi when we went there.