• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Are they proper English Creme Eggs?

Only asking because it seems that, for example, Australian Cadburys Dairy Milk is different from English Cadburys Dairy Milk and while I don't want to offend Adam Goodies and all his ancestors etc, frankly it's an outrage and rubbish.

Homemade Cadbury Cream Eggs

img_19451.jpg?w=584&h=436As mentioned in my last class post, Cadbury Cream Eggs are pretty much impossible to find in Japan. This year it occurred to me that I could make them. It only took ten years… I was so excited to find this recipie and adapt it to make it more Japan friendly. Corn syrup can be rather hard to find in Japan and the alternative I came up with likely tastes better than the original. You can get tiny packets of powdered sugar in many supermarkets but I usually buy from Amazon. Mizuame (みずあめ 水あめ)can be found in almost every supermarket. This is what a package looks like And this is what it looks like inside.

Homemade Cadbury Cream Egg

25g softened butter

50ml mizuame (starch syrup)

1 – 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

half a pinch of salt

150g dark chocolate (add a 1/2 tablespoon of butter if using chocolate chips)

yellow food coloring (optional)

Beat the butter and mizuame together until smooth. You can do this by hand easily as they seem to blend well together. Add the salt and the powdered sugar one cup at a time. Stop adding sugar when the dough as lost most of its stickiness. If you would like yellow yolks, separate about an eighth of the dough and color it yellow. Refrigerate for about twenty minutes or until the dough seems cold enough to work with without sticking to your hands too much. If you are doing yellow yokes, shape the yellow dough into small balls. Divide the white dough into the same amount of pieces as the number of yokes. Place a yoke in the center of a white piece and roll quickly to shape into an egg. Place on parchment paper or saran wrap on a plate. Refrigerate or freeze the eggs until firm. This makes them easier to cover with chocolate. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or a metal bowl placed over a saucepan of boiling water. Remove from heat and one by one, drop the eggs into the chocolate, turn over and remove with a fork. Place on parchment again to harden. I recommend placing the chocolates in the fridge to harden faster.

Shortcut: if you are short for time, use more powdered sugar and make egg shapes right away with the firmer dough. It won’t really affect the taste, they will just be less creamy inside.

To make your life easier: dust your hands with powdered sugar when you are shaping the eggs into balls

Flavor variations

• mint – add one teaspoon of mint extract to the butter/mizuame mixture and then proceed as normal
  • coconut – add two tablespoons of coconut milk powder (available in some supermarkets and most import stores) before you add the powdered sugar
  • peanut butter – replace the butter with peanut butter (add extra if you wish)

Just in case you don't want risk insulting all indigenous peoples and their ancestors, including those of Adam Goodes, you can try and make them yourselves!! This way you won't be censed and have to apologise issue

"Shopkeeper" campaign of the 1970s in which a boy asks for 6000 Cadbury Creme Eggs.

"Irresistibly" campaign showing characters prepared to do something unusual for a Creme Egg, similar to the "What would you do for a Klondike bar?" campaign in America.

1985: The "How Do You Eat Yours?" campaign begins.

1985–1996: "Don't get caught with egg on your face" advertisement in New Zealand[12]

1990–1993: The first television campaign to use the "How Do You Eat Yours?" theme, featuring the zodiac signs.

1994–1996: Spitting Image characters continued "How Do You Eat Yours?"

1997–1999: Matt Lucas, with the catchphrase "I've seen the future, and it's egg shaped!"

2000–2003: The "Pointing Finger" campaign.

2004: The "Roadshow" finger campaign

2005 The "How Do You Eat Yours?" campaign

2006–2007: "Eat It Your Way" campaign

2008–2009: "Here Today, Goo Tomorrow" campaign (uk)

2008–2009: "Unleash the Goo" campaign (Australia and new Zealand)

2009: "Release the Goo" campaign (Canada)

2010: "You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone" campaign (UK)

2011: "Goo Dares Wins" campaign (UK)

2011: The "Get your goo on!" campaign (Australia)

2012: Gooing For Gold" campaign (UK)

2012: "It's Goo Time" campaign (Australia)

2013 & 2014: "Have a fling with a Creme Egg" (UK)