• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:console:

I feel for you.

You can pretend, by paying more for things!

Perhaps reduce the utter annoyance of paying 'tips' in restaurants by pretending the price has jut gone up, thanks to Abenomics.

:thumbsup:

• 5 weeks later...

I'm quite shocked that this was on the 6th page.

Have we no shame?

I believe that Shinzo-kun is doing a truly magnificent job, with a minimum of faffing about and jolly good results all round.

:clap:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Abetastic!

Japan's prime minister, Shinzo Abe, has made a visit to a controversial war shrine in Tokyo, prompting a furious response from China.

Abe, who became prime minister for a second time exactly a year ago, is the first Japanese leader to have visited the Yasukuni shrine since Junichiro Koizumi just over seven years ago.

Abe, a conservative who has spoken of the need for Japan to end its “masochistic” feelings of guilt over its wartime conduct in Asia, had voiced regret that he did not make the pilgrimage during his first, year-long term as prime minister from September 2006.

Thursday's visit sparked predictable outrage from China and South Korea, which view Yasukuni as a potent symbol of Japanese militarism, and visits by politicians as evidence that Japan has yet to atone for

atrocities committed in parts of China and on the Korean peninsula in the first half of the 20th century.

• 3 weeks later...

And may it be another year full of Abetastic Abenomics!

:clap:

I'm particularly looking forward to further price increases - especially of mayonnaise and accompanying interviews with housewives buying mayonnaise in the supermarket - and further political masterstrokes by Shinzo-kun.

What Abegoodness are you looking forward to?