• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Japan's new trade minister has been forced to defend himself after it emerged that staff from his support group spent office money at a sex club.

Yoichi Miyazawa admitted staff had claimed expenses after visiting a sadomasochistic bar in Hiroshima, but emphasised he did not visit the bar.

His admission comes at a difficult time for Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

Apparently this Miyazawa character also has some 600 shares in TEPCO. Talk about conflict of interest!

I am struck down by the shock of this fact!! :rolleyes: Politicians are dirty bas#ards, lining their own pockets and not giving a rats ass about the little people.

Was going to start a new thread but probably belongs here. Ok. The b o j just bought t-bills from the treasury with a negative interest rate or rate of return. I think I'm missing a step. How does that make sense? Can anyone unpack that one for me?

They probably don't care whether they make or lose money on the transaction, and are just trying to weaken the yen by buying foreign assets. I think that is one of the three arrows, isn't it?

(The other two being surprise, fear, and ruthless efficiency... oh, wait.)

Was going to start a new thread but probably belongs here. Ok. The b o j just bought t-bills from the treasury with a negative interest rate or rate of return. I think I'm missing a step. How does that make sense? Can anyone unpack that one for me?

I can only imagine that it is a super thing.

:thumbsup: