actually a hamburger joint round the corner, its much better to have the hamburg steak than the steak lunch set.....nothing wrong with the steak per se, the meat is great but it only comes with a tiny little portion of dipping sauce and the hamburg steak comes slathered in a peppery sauce....mmmm

Your hamburg steak is made from beef and pork. The pig bits need to be cooked thoroughly and makes it firm and dry. Hence need more sauce.

actually a hamburger joint round the corner, its much better to have the hamburg steak than the steak lunch set.....nothing wrong with the steak per se, the meat is great but it only comes with a tiny little portion of dipping sauce and the hamburg steak comes slathered in a peppery sauce....mmmm

Your hamburg steak is made from beef and pork. The pig bits need to be cooked thoroughly and makes it firm and dry. Hence need more sauce.

It wasn't firm and dry...it was rather succulent and fantastic.....and it was slathered in sauce...beautiful

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the bank thing I just had one of the bang-head-against-brick-wall experiences myself.

It involved having to write kanji like a 2 year old (just.... why???), signing more documents than made sense, and taking up close to one hour or my time.

Damn.

Why do they do that "you must write the address in Japanese yourself" thing? Surely they could write it for you and you could just sign it? Drives me nuts that, but perhaps mostly because my writing kanji skills are absolutely terrible.

Well, it's comforting fellas to know that I'm not the only one. :wave:

My ordeal is finally over and the transaction done. I can't imagine the bank dude enjoyed the process very much either but that's what they get for having me write everything with my wife sitting right beside me who could have had it all nicely done in Japanese in a few minutes.