A Final Fling!? Weekend of Sat 30th/Sun 31st March

So it's the last week of March and the Tokyo sakura's already in full bloom. I have a window of opportunity to hit the slopes this Saturday, possibly for the final time before work and other commitments take over again. Anyone else heading out?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bet you miss the train...   Good luck

At least I got a job in Sapporo

Just souh of Maruyama Koen area, so I guess Id have to get the train to Sapporo Eki then out to Teine. Prob 25-30 mins sta to sta then the shuttle bus from Teine (if it's still running)

Nice Mick... have a good time. I hung the skis up and I have a feeling that's where they'll remain until next season. Family and friends have already switched into "let's go camping" mode.

Edit... also, Goryu cleared up in the afternoon and the top was very nice....between the icy bits. A nice topping to the season.

****ing boe... sat in my house all morning waiting for them. Eventually phoned up the company and was told they won't be out until Tomorrow to check the house so I "might as well take off". Were it not for the fact that I have no heating no furniture and no bedding I'd have just stayed another night. Unfortunately, as it happens, its rubbish day so I binned all my bedding this morning when I freakishly decided to get up at 6 am. Ah wells... off to nozawa, lets see if I can score a place without having paid my deposit :)

Har! I is already on the train. Just passed toyono. Not really much to say weather wise. Hoping that snows either already at nozzie or its on its way. Grey skies, looking heavier across to nozawa which is nice. Today was always a write off though.

Pretty shocked to see snow still on the ground. Looking pretty rough in the trees over at togari by the looks of it, but groomers still looking decent enough.

Have fun ippy!

If he had your bike, Mick, he could BMX it! :party:

BMXing to go snowboarding - a combination made in heaven! :thumbsup:

Nice Mick... have a good time. I hung the skis up and I have a feeling that's where they'll remain until next season. Family and friends have already switched into "let's go camping" mode.

Edit... also, Goryu cleared up in the afternoon and the top was very nice....between the icy bits. A nice topping to the season.

Yeah, I saw the clouds clearing away and thought you might head up there! Sadly i was still on duty down on the beginner slopes! :thumbsdown: Was good to meet up anyway! :thumbsup:

snows started down nozawa village level. Kinda wet of course (borderline sleet) but coming just at the right time. Held off pretty much the entire time i was walking around and then dropped five minutes after i got in. If it just keeps it up for 9 or ten hours, i might even force myself out of bed :)

Sleet turning to wet snow in Yuzawa now. It was belting down snow when we drove through Naeba and Kagura on the way. Btw, ippy, I spent the day at Sugadaira today. It's not nearly as bad as you made it out to be. Review coming later.