• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see you at perisher this year seemore!

I am thinking about it but then again surfing in Indo is good fun and alot cheaper I am off on my 1st trip (surf) for the year on Sunday :friend:

Come over and go dirtbag style with me, camp in the national park, backcountry riding at carruthers (ive got a 164 split you can use) I pick you up at canberra airport and drop you off again! Cost you a plane ticket and food!

see you at perisher this year seemore!

I am thinking about it but then again surfing in Indo is good fun and alot cheaper I am off on my 1st trip (surf) for the year on Sunday :friend:

Come over and go dirtbag style with me, camp in the national park, backcountry riding at carruthers (ive got a 164 split you can use) I pick you up at canberra airport and drop you off again! Cost you a plane ticket and food!

Sounds tempting Mate

I will look into it and keep in touch

Might get another storm or two this month, but not holding my breath. I think it's time to break out the sunscreen and enjoy Spring skiing! I love corn skiing and touring, also a nice time to enjoy groomers, too. Do you not like Spring skiing and touring?

How was Charmant, Black Mountain?

+1! Report please BM! :thumbsup:

Will be going to Hakuba next week for one last outing (probably).

I'm there on Tues/Weds and possibly Thurs morning if you fancy sharing a few turns in the slush!! :D

I can't see anyone disputing that if you are keen and want to hike up high you can go skiing.

:confused:

But, 'winter' has left the building. And that's what the thread is about if you care to look.

Almost everyone else in the whole wide world would call it 'spring' or perhaps 'early summer'.

But April, May and June sure ain't 'winter'.

How was Charmant, Black Mountain?

+1! Report please BM! :thumbsup:

Will be going to Hakuba next week for one last outing (probably).

I'm there on Tues/Weds and possibly Thurs morning if you fancy sharing a few turns in the slush!! :D

Absolutely Mick..!! My wife is dragging along her beginner friends and the last thing I want to be doing is riding the bottom slush..grass...slush. I'll send you a pm. :wave:

I'm furtively eyeing next weekend (23rd/24th). Spring skiing is fine by me.

Where you off too Metabo?

I was thinking of trying somewhere new, but the kid is voting for Inawashiro, so that's probably where. (Votes count in inverse proportion to height, apparently.)

A bit worried about what conditions are going to be like there after this week's predicted warm and rainy weather, though.

I imagine conditions here in Minamiuonuma are pretty dire at the moment. Relentless warm and a few bits of rain can't think it would be anything else.

Though fun if you like those spring conditions, I suppose. :)

A full 1m of snow gone in the last just over a week from outside my house.

Is that run open? The ol' concrete should be marked if there are people going down there.

That run doesn't have enough snow on it anyway, but I think spring riding would be a bit more fun if resorts didn't just leave as many runs to go to moguls.

fwiw, I don't think anyone especially "likes" spring conditions. They simply like skiing/boarding and are prepared to do it on poorer quality snow.

Well was plannimg to go to Madarao next week and use those tickets I got from SJ but with all this warm weather my brain has switched out of ski mode.

Although I am sure I will enjoy it once I go of course minus the spring conditions.