• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that there'll be a least one more decent powder day on the mountain because there always seems to be at the end of March when folks are saying its all over, but I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up as the warmest March in many many years.

The weather as a whole has been very unusual this winter. It's snowed the normal amount, but not in the concentrated fuyugata storms we normally see.

Definitely.

We got a good amount again this year, more than just over in muika's neck of the wood, but not as many of the prolonged mad-snow events that are such.... fun.

Raining here too.

It has certainly been both colder and more snowy than the past few years in this area.

Although consistently cold this year both day and night, the days have been much colder and way below avearge than in previous few years with the nights this year being colder than average, but not mad amounts below.

March so far though has been larger way above average!

This years is going to be all over the place! It will be an interesting weather year!

One thing all the flowers are very late this year.

Normally the plum blossoms bloom around mid to late feb here, even if it snows, this year the plum blossoms are now blooming but are about a week away from full bloom for most.

And the buds for the cherry blossoms haven't even started to hardly form yet so they will likely be into April before they bloom, that is unless march continues warm and they bloom more quickly.

Everything about 3-4 weeks later than average for here!

How is it in other areas?

I don't observe the weather that much but I think the pattern this winter has been lots of weather from the south. Generally cold weather but not as cold and powdery lower down as the big fuyugata storms generally are. Had the temperature been only a degree or two warmer, I think we would have seen a lot of rain. But we didn't, so no need to dwell on what didn't happen.

Just as an example of cold weather from the south, the expressways took a battering this year and were closed a few times.

wtf is with this wind? its been going for almost 18 hours. Absolutely wee'd it down last night as well whilst i cycled the 10kms home from the gym,.. i dun mind, gives me a chance to belt out lots of mike patton songs :)

BOOK NOW!!!!!!

There's not tons of winter left.

:wakaranai:

Don't go telling people there is.

There's lots of spring to enjoy, if that's your bag.

But there is NOT tons of winter left. It has almost definitely left the building.

Sure seems like it has left the building. It's really best to go anywhere with the mindset that it'll be warm and springy from here on and any winter-like conditions will be a bonus. I'll be out a few more times but not counting on the conditions to suit my taste.

Winter has returned today temporarly.

Its cloudy with a light to moderate cold wind.

Back to tee-shirts again soon though.

Thankfully we avoided that dreadful wind other places got yesterday.

This year has been real bad for wind with about 60% of the entire winter being anything from very windy to bloody crazy windy.

Normal March Yamanashi gets strong winds with the 4warm 3cold days system throughout march and first half of april but this year been windy all through winter.

And in autumn we get the opposite 4cold 3warm days winds.

see you at perisher this year seemore!

I am thinking about it but then again surfing in Indo is good fun and alot cheaper I am off on my 1st trip (surf) for the year on Sunday :friend:

Will be going to Hakuba next week for one last outing (probably). After that I'll be focusing on rigging the truck for some camping and light off roading. Maybe head over to Tottori to ride the dunes.