Well i will be heading over to Europe next month for a holiday so wonder if get my old one changed over or not or wait until I move into our new house in Septembet.

Guess if I change it now then will have to get the address changed again.

Sounds like a good idea, you up for sometime soon? Say, next week?

But what about all the late-season powder that's going to be falling next week?!? ;)

The best thing about the new card is that you're a Resident of Japan rather than an Alien! :thumbsup:

Well i will be heading over to Europe next month for a holiday so wonder if get my old one changed over or not or wait until I move into our new house in Septembet.

If you try to change ur address they will send you to get a new one....just wait until you move, you don't need the new card for entering japan

Yeah I guessed that would be the case, I reckon ill wait!

If you try to change ur address they will send you to get a new one....just wait until you move, you don't need the new card for entering japan

Only took about 5 minutes for me. Needed to fill in a simple form, hand over passport/current card/photo.

That was it.

Kind of surprised we didn't get charged for it. Wot no re-entry taxes !!

I was surprised it was free as well

As long as your visa is valid and your current card is in date, you can come and go as u please. If you don't return to Japan within 1 year then ur visa is cancelled

Surprised at how easy that was.

The info pack made it sound like some nightmare process.

Took 10 minutes in the end, and I got 3 extra photos of myself in the process!

• 3 weeks later...