• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever happened to the 7 year rule?? :omg:

What? Half your age plus 7?

That's the one! :thumbsup: Have flown close to the wire a couple of times but have never broken it! :D

My cougar is 7 yrs older. She's so lovely... and she's buying me a new truck this week..... :wave:

What did you decide on in the end, Chriselle?

Hey Rob, Couldn't justify $25,000 for a well used LandCruiser 70 so decided on a very cool built to the tits Hilux Surf. Will be similar to this one minus the front bumper....but same wheels, MT tires and a little higher than this one actually....pretty bad ass I must say. AND...the wife loves it, too. Should be done by mid May.

8523153860_472d3f1138_b_zps507fc2e4.jpg

Should be done by mid May.

Does it come in parts? With a weekly magazine like those DeAgostini things you see advertised on telly?

This week.... a wheel!!

Next week, the dangly air freshner thing that you put on the mirror!

Actually recently I saw they were doing a "build your own robot" one which actually looked pretty cool.

Hopefully, not a killer robot.

Should be done by mid May.

Does it come in parts? With a weekly magazine like those DeAgostini things you see advertised on telly?

This week.... a wheel!!

Next week, the dangly air freshner thing that you put on the mirror!

Actually recently I saw they were doing a "build your own robot" one which actually looked pretty cool.

Hopefully, not a killer robot.

Haha...Pies, you crack me up!! Well, it's no robot but it is going to be a transformer. Actually, a de-transformer. Right now the truck is huge with 7 inches of lift and massive tires. We are going to pull the body lift out, pull the fender flares off, reduce the tire size and give it a monotone paint scheme probably in a light colour although black is still an option. So ya. one wheel at a time I guess. Here it is as is now.

Winter Vacation....replacing the LandCruiser (sniffle sniffle... :sadface: )

GG...I will be taking this one back with me...whenever that is, so truckin and 4x4 truckin... ;)

2_zpsde9d965b.jpg

I used to have a navy blue and silver Surf. An older model than that one though. SSX wide I think it was.

This one is a '98 thus 3rd generation Surf with the 3.4l V6. A good year.

that's one auspicious plate. Must be aChinese businessman. Perhaps, people smuggling across high sand dunes.

Or perhaps just a huge Chage & Aska fan.

Ya, ya ya - ya ya (ya-ya)

(Plate a bit short...)

why get rid of the Land Cruiser. Lovely vehicle.

It kinda breaks my heart to get rid of it but it's not "THE" perfect Landcruiser of my dreams. Also, thinking of the the future I will be taking a car back with me to Canada and while the LC is an awesome vehicle in every way they are not at all cheap to fix when in Canada. Most of the parts have to be shipped from Aus or Japan. Man, I am so envious of the Aussies.... the LandCruiser 70 series is still in production there.

why get rid of the Land Cruiser. Lovely vehicle.

It kinda breaks my heart to get rid of it but it's not "THE" perfect Landcruiser of my dreams. Also, thinking of the the future I will be taking a car back with me to Canada and while the LC is an awesome vehicle in every way they are not at all cheap to fix when in Canada. Most of the parts have to be shipped from Aus or Japan. Man, I am so envious of the Aussies.... the LandCruiser 70 series is still in production there.

that's coz we've got a big rugged country that needs traversing. ;)