Hi,

had my domestic flight from Kansai to Chitose cancelled last Saturday due to a storm, but I suspect it was the wind gusts rather the snowfall that caused it...was wondering if any of you could give me an idea of roughly how often Chitose flights get cancelled and, more specifically, do you think schedules will be affected this coming Sunday?

Thanks in advance.

I have had delays before and missed connecting flights

But most times it operates well for the amount of snow it gets.

Great Airport I wish Narita and Haneda were the same

Why? What's wrong with Narita and Haneda?

Why? What's wrong with Narita and Haneda?

I don't think there is much to do hardly any shopping no cinemas I have spent hours at all of them and would much rather spend it at Chitose and they have a great viewing area.

I think Narita is one of the worst international aiports I have been to Haneda isn't far behind (Although I only slept there one night can't remember)

Already here kokodoko.

About 30 cm outside my door this morning at a guess and blowing a gale.

yep heard that whistling over this morning.

Some friends have just left for Chitose to catch a plane. I don't think there are any cancellations so far. afaik of course.

edit: according to this.

new-chitose-airport.jp/en/fis/

all flights are departing this morning.

Cinema in an airport?

Agreed that there isn't anything to do, Narita could do with a decent bar.

And some shops there is no duty free really until you get through to the other terminal

I don't really care for the shops in airports.....I don't think duty free is that good anyway, usually you can buy the same goods in the country you're visiting for cheaper anyway. I do like when you get good sweets etc......Kuala Lumpur airport is awesome....Ribena, Lion bars, Bounty's....oh how I love that place! :D

I pretty much just wanna chill with a decent beer before I get on the plane.....everything else just annoys me :)

Some years ago, we had a major delay at Chitose. Plane needed de-icing, then another dump meant the runways had to be cleared, and that meant the plane needed de-icing again, and the wait for the de-ice machine (whatever it is) meant another delay - we were sat in the plane for upwards of an hour!

All this meaned that the 5 hour "slack" period we had between HND and NRT turned into a bloody great rush to get there in time to make the connection - did it by about 5 minutes by Airport Limousine. Bugger! Would have preferred an overnight and early flight at their expense!

My worst time with CTS was a delay rather than a cancellation.

Snow storm at CTS, we came in to land, pilot aborted first attempt, went round, tried again, aborted second attempt, went round, bottled on the third attempt and headed for Narita, the fuel limit had been reached.

Landed at Narita, all calm, fed snacks and booze by the cabin crew. Waited a few hours for CTS to reopen; the crew had to be replaced by a fresh set.

Headed for CTS at last and landed without drama. We were 5.5 hours late. Short of the 6 hours qualifying for compensation by insurance.

It's flights like these that pilots earn their keep. We felt the crosswinds and the shaking and the unusually changing whine of the engines as if going from full power to something much much less.

But this in no way is the scariest flight I have been on so far.