I personally love a good concert. That said, I know its difficult for us to know/keep up with what shows are playing ovr here in Japan, so here's a thread to post up the shows and dates!

Punkspring, March 31 @ Makuhari Messe

- Weezer, NOFX, Simple Plan, Pennywise, Lagwagon, Namba69, One OK Rock, Man with a Mission, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Mayday Parade, Knock Out Monkey (opening).....and more.

Green Day American Idiot The Musical, August 7-18 @ Tokyo International Forum

Fuji Rock Festival, July 26-28 @ Naeba Ski Resort.

- Nine in Nails, Bjork, The xx, Coheed and Cambria, DJ Shadow, Fun, Killswitch Engage, Yo La Tengo, and more...

Ozzfest Japan, May 11-12, Makuhari Messe.

- (Day 1) Slipknot, Deftones, Man with a Mission, Fear and Loathing, the treatment, more...

- (Day 2) Black Sabbath, Tool, Stone Sour, Dir en Grey, Anthem, Coldrain, Steel Panther, MUCC, more...

Rising Sun Rock Festival, August 16-17 @ Otaru, Hokkaido

- Lineup to be released mid-June

Story of the Year, Page Avenue 10 year anniversary tour

- June 20-28, 5 locations

Whitesnake, early May

Summer Sonic, August 10-11 @ Tokyo/Osaka

- Metallica, Muse, Linkin Park, Smashing Pumpkins, Cheap Trick, Earth Wind & Fire, Bullet for my Valentine, Cindi Lauper, John Legend, and more...

Van Halen, 21 June @ Tokyo Dome (?)

Tokyo Rocks 2013, May 11-12 @ Ajinomoto Stadium (Tokyo)

- Blur, illion, Primal Scream, more...

If you have more to add post them up!!

Have a great spring & summer!

Me too I love a good concert too, and the last one I went to was last year in May when I went to see Lady Gaga live at Saitama arena. She was brilliant!

I want to see her again this year, but not sure if she is going to come to Japan as she had a bad hip injury during the last part of her world tour and had to cancel!

When she does come here again I will go see her.

I would also like to see Jamosa sing live if I get the chance.

Summer Sonic looks decent this year.....funny how that and Fuji Rock alternate between crud and good year on year

Tokyo Gig Guide is always a good resource to use to see what's coming to Tokyo area

Updated the info. You can google the concert to see more of the lineup if you like. A bunch of us are planning to go to Day 2 of Ozzfest Japan, and I will be at Punkspring (bought my ticket last night).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I like lots of the sounds that NIN come up with. But would prefer just a bit more.... melody.

Thought the staging was impressive - starting off just him, coming on one by one, the way the screens were used, etc. Looked good.

Can't think that a big % of the people knew many of the songs though.