Cardinal Keith O'Brien sorry for sexual misconduct

Cardinal Keith O'Brien, the former leader of the Catholic Church in Scotland, has admitted his sexual conduct has at times "fallen beneath the standards expected of me".

He apologised and asked forgiveness from those he had "offended".

"I wish to take this opportunity to admit that there have been times that my sexual conduct has fallen below the standards expected of me as a priest, archbishop and cardinal."

In a statement, he also apologised to the Church and the people of Scotland.

The cardinal resigned last Monday after three priests and a former priest had made allegations of improper behaviour against him dating back to the 80s.

Cardinal O'Brien was Britain's most senior Roman Catholic cleric until he stood down as the Archbishop of St Andrews and Edinburgh.

Tubby, ippy and all the other people of Scotland - do you forgive him?

Anyway, what actually are the "standards expected of him"?

he shagged other priests.

The "standards expected of him" in regards his sexual conduct, as a cardinal of the catholic church, is abstention........to have no sexual contact at all....with anyone or anything, as set down by His lord's representative on earth, Pontiff Benedictus hitler himself.

Do I forgive him? I don't give a rat's ass, it just highlights the hypocrisy of religious dogma. To believe that they are ordained by a higher power to live in a certain way is just ridiculous.