March Manoeuvres - the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raining and very windy here now I'm afraid.
Not raining here at the moment, but very windy

You guys look quite close together on the map (40km?) but am I right in thinking that there may be a mountain or 2 between you that would affect the weather you each get?? :wakaranai:

Pictures mr mountain!

Chikuma is raining, tomorrow is the first time ive committed to anything this season, and the influenza has started properly kicking in (felt it the day after i booked the bloody thing), on top of that my bank card picked today to blow up, and by the time i got home to pick up my (rather erratic) bank book, the atms were shut for the night. So fun weekend in store for me. Need to get up, head into nagano then ninja to the post office... hope its open (the atms at my end dont open until 9), then PRAY TO GOD the book works (they always pick the absolute worst time to die on me) then its off for a day snowboarding in the wind and hoping there arent too many lifts shut down.

Wits the weather like in Yuzawa-Minamiuonuma? The Kan-Etsu weaved it's magic and snarled us up in traffic so still on our way.....Yuzawa IC cam showed snow earlier but the road has cleared....it's not raining is it?

It was raining until went to sleep last night and strong winds.

This morning theres about 2cm of snow on the car outside but snow has stopped.

Yuzawa often gets a bit more than us here (though this year that certainly hasn't always been the case).

It almost looks like it could clear up......

Kagura is saying 5-10cm.

busy day at the bus station despite the weather apparently kicking off later today. Possibly the last hurrah? Also discovered two massive slashes in my base today as i put my board in the bag. I man MASSIVE, full length of the board almost. Ridiculous stuff right now :) Fortunately theyre just scratches but that pretty much is the end of the berzerker for a resale board. It gets added to the scope as a beater. Obviously did it on sugadaira which just means one more reason for me to hate the place :)

Wild guess: on the Kan-Etsu?

I gathered that.

There's a big difference being in a jam down in Saitama and up in Minakami.

Yeah, headed to Maiko....I know about the lifts but its the only time I'll get to use the SJ tix so that's where we r headed. Cruising about your town Muika....too much gassing and we missed the Shiozawa Ishiuchi IC :doh:

Almost there :)

Theres something about being in a hotel room with your computer that makes you just want to take the day off and play computer games instead. :) Just got filched for an extra 1000 yen on the mt kosha. Ah wells. Time to pull my finger out. Kinda windy, light wet snow. Yamanouchi looks kinda in mid spring. Lots of browns poking through the snow up here. Though of course pretty low elevation.

its alright. Quiet. I think theres like 4 other guests but its a minute to the bottom lift so no worries. Basically situation is you go into the hotel meiko or whatevers, head to reception on the second floor and theyll assign you a hotel. They have a map with all the possibilities but every black box deal has always been the same hotel so... ya know... standard japanese ski jo hotel in truth.

as for kosha... each parts kinda small... aint gonna win awards for either its runs or its pitch, but i tell you this, im really charmed by it. Whoever own it know exactly what theyre doing. Every part of the mountain has its own little unique selling point and unlike a certain other 4 area mountain, everything links up brilliantly so it really does feel like one massive mountain to just wander around. Getting from yomase to the top of kijimadaira took under an hour. Didnt unclip once... though in part that was more due to the conditions being crud/ice earlier on. After the snow from today its going to be slightly trickier making it through that golf course.

Conditions out there today were pretty rough. Definitely no riding the pow since it is proper crud under a few cms of fresh. Snow is stll dropping though, so hopefully there'll be a flurry tonight (and failing that baking hot sunshine tomorrow) to either cover it up or soften it up. Its pretty nasty off the groomers.

Wind also was no problem. Alas though the top lift of kijimadaira was shut which kinda put spanners in my only plan :) Still, fun day all round. Pretty much doing the exact same thing tomorrow since i didnt get to play on the top lift... oh, and i thought the resort next to kijimadaira had just pulled out of the big 5 (making it now a big 4) but just looking across to it, not one lift was running and some of them even looked abandoned. Did they just completely shut down operations? Kinda sad. It looks like kijimadairas baby brother when you see it from nozawa.